Can not past install_prereq script on Centos7

I was trying to install asterisk under Centos8 in a machine with a single TDM800 card, and failed to install the required packages.

Now under Centos7 1908 I am trying again. At first install_prereq replied with a lot of packages unavaiable, then I added EPEL repo and tried again. Now I have

No package speexdsp-devel available.
Package 1:mariadb-devel-5.5.64-1.el7.x86_64 already installed and latest version
No package iksemel-devel available.
No package libresample-devel available.
No package hoard available.
Nothing to do
#############################################
## install completed successfully
#############################################

Do I really need these missing packages? Where can I get them?

You do not need the speex codec for an analog card. The install_prereq script wants a few more modules that are not so popular any more. I usually run the script with the test option and install only the modules I really need individually.

I would do that also, but I still do not know the modules I need. :frowning:
Anyway, Centos 8 proved itself to be a challenge to build Asterisk 17 under.

I changed system to Centos 7 and now it builds ok. A bit off-topic but now my problem is the departure of chan_sip. pjsip is complaining about “sorcery objet type insert wizard”

I will be back with another call. For help

Maybe there are some minor changes, but meanwhile I have a couple of *-Servers running under CentOS 8. My rule of thumb is: if it’s not in the standard repos or already bundled, I probably don’t need it.

Good to know. I gave up on Centos 8 last week or so because I could not build asterisk 17.0.2. Many “xyz not found” stuff.
I understand your rule but I could not pass it thru my box :frowning:

The first question is: “Which functionality do I need?” Asterisk’s make knows about a lot of actually meanwhile obsolete packages.