Calls are getting stuck with Pjsip and also some call-drop

Hi,

I am using the Asterisk 13 with pjsip. I am getting an incoming call and able to make an outgoing call. Setup is working.

However, I am having the following issues:

1. Calls are getting stuck even though actual call got completed a while ago. Check the following output.

root*CLI> pjsip show channels
  Channel: <ChannelId........................................>  <State.....>  <Time.....>      Exten: <DialedExten.............> CLCID: <ConnectedLineCID.......>
================================================================================== =======
  Channel: PJSIP/1030-000000ee/Dial                               Up            03:46:22       Exten: 01234567890                 CLCID: "" <01234567890>

According to SIP server log, this call got completed in 58 mins but the asterisk is still showing that the call is going on and time was increasing.
I had to cancel this call manually from CLI or had to restart the asterisk to get rid of this call.
(Saw the same issue multiple times with the shorter call also. Just mentioning an example of the last call)

2. Also, experiencing multiple call drops. Suppose, the user is talking on the call and call suddenly drops.

Is there a way which allows me to differentiate the dropped calls or call-hang up from the CLI?

I tested this with the customer and saw the same output in the asterisk CLI for call-drop and for the normal call-hangup.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You need to make a sip trace to find out if is a normal clearing or some other issue like a missing ACK reply

How can I check it? It is not happening on all the calls, so it is not possible to monitor all the calls.

use pjsip history

https://blogs.asterisk.org/2016/02/24/debugging-sip-message-traffic-with-pjsip-history/

I think we do not have that command. I am getting following error while trying to use that pjsip history:

No such command ‘pjsip set history on’ (type ‘core show help pjsip set history’ for other possible commands)

The device has limited space so we can not add more packages. Is there any other ways?

pjsip set logger on, but it will be hard to debug on that way history it is better

I have already tried the pjsip set logger on. As you mentioned it did not help.

Will try to add the history package and see if we can find any issue.

Thanks for the reply.

I will update here once I get the pjsip history package working.

1 Like