Caller id & redail issue,Asterisk SIP trunk with Alctael OXE

Dear All,

we have made a SIP trunk between Asterisk and Alcatel PBX.

–the internal caller id are working fine, but when the call from asterisk to alcatel is made…say with extension 1234.

the outbound caller id on alcatel is showing as 7 digits not the actual 4 digits which we are sending.

if we make the caller id format to 4 digits like 1234, then on alcatel its as “asterisk” as caller id.

if we make same 4 digits to 7 digits like 0001234 ,then its working fine…but the issue is with redial,

we are not able to redial the 7 digits,as our extensions are 4 digits…

Kindly help me with any useful information…

Enable sip set debug and find out exactly what caller ID is being sent. If it is wrong, please provide sip.conf (with passwords removed). a verbose level three or higher trace of the call, and the contents of the INVITE sent by Asterisk (with authentication data removed). If it is right, the problem lies in the Alcatel.

context=default
allowoverlap=no
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0
srvlookup=no
allowexternaldomains=no
allowguest=yes
allowsubscribe=yes
allowtransfer=yes
alwaysauthreject=no
autodomain=no
callevents=no
checkmwi=10
compactheaders=no
defaultexpiry=120
dumphistory=no
externrefresh=10
g726nonstandard=no
jbenable=no
jbforce=no
jblog=no
maxcallbitrate=384
maxexpiry=3600
minexpiry=60
mohinterpret=default
notifyringing=yes
pedantic=yes
progressinband=never
promiscredir=no
realm=asterisk
recordhistory=no
registerattempts=0
registertimeout=20
relaxdtmf=no
sendrpid=no
sipdebug=no
t1min=100
t38pt_udptl=no
tos_audio=none
tos_sip=none
tos_video=none
trustrpid=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw,alaw

If we write 7 digits caller is appearing on Alcatel handsets.less than that same internal caller id is passes but not shown on screen.

I need the SIP trace (to see what caller ID is actually being sent and to see what the originating device is sending), the dialplan trace (to see if the dialplan is is setting it) and the device entry for the originating device (in case that is setting it).

It also looks like you have only provided the general section of sip.conf, so I need the device entry for the trunk.