Call Parking and Hardware parking

Also, do not forget to reload dialplan after each of extensions.conf modification :

rasterisk -rx 'dialplan reload'

Ok, partial success!

I now have this

[special-parking]
include => parkedcalls
;exten => _6[1-9],hint,park:7${EXTEN:1:1}@parkedcalls
;exten => _6[1-9],1,NoOp(caller {CALLERID(number)} called {CALLERID(dnid)})
;exten => _6[1-9],2,Set(PARKINGEXTEN=7${EXTEN:1:1})
;exten => _6[1-9],3,Gotoif([{DEVICE_STATE(park:{PARKINGEXTEN}`@parkedcalls`)}==INUSE]?pickup)
;exten => _6[1-9],4,Park(default,s)
;exten => _6[1-9],5,Hangup
;exten => _6[1-9],6,(pickup),ParkedCall(default,{PARKINGEXTEN})
;exten => _6[1-9],7,Hangup
exten = _6[1-9],hint,park:7${EXTEN:1:1}@parkedcalls
exten = _6[1-9],1,NoOp(caller ${CALLERID(number)} called ${CALLERID(dnid)})
same = n,Set(PARKINGEXTEN=7${EXTEN:1:1})
same = n,Gotoif($[${DEVICE_STATE(park:${PARKINGEXTEN}@parkedcalls)}==INUSE]?pickup)
same = n,Park(default,s)
same = n,Hangup
same = n(pickup),ParkedCall(default,${PARKINGEXTEN})
same = n,Hangup

What happens when I transfer to 61 I can recover the call by dialing 71

However after 60 seconds the call gets transferred to an asterisk recording of asterisk demo. Looks like I need a timeout destination set

== Can not start SIP/2125551212-0000002a at parkedcallstimeout,SIP_5910,1 and exten 's@parkedcallstimeout' does not exist. Using 's@default'
    -- Channel SIP/2125551212-0000002a left 'holding_bridge' parking-bridge <a08a6ffa-bf6e-4a3a-95cb-556be882e88c>
    -- Stopped music on hold on SIP/2125551212-0000002a
    -- Executing [s@default:1] wait("SIP/2125551212-0000002a", "1")
    -- Executing [s@default:1] answer("SIP/2125551212-0000002a", "")
    -- Digit timeout set to 5.000
    -- Response timeout set to 10.000
    -- Executing [s@default:1] background("SIP/2125551212-0000002a", "demo-congrats")
    -- <SIP/2125551212-0000002a> Playing 'demo-congrats.ulaw' (language 'en')

I can not determine what the phone’s “PBX Call Park Code” needs. Maybe it needs #61 but the calls I try to transfer using the # key do not work

I now changed

res_parking.conf as follows

[general]
parkeddynamic = no

[default] ; Default Parking Lot
parkext => 70
parkpos => 71-79
context => parkedcalls ; Which context parked calls and the default park
parkinghints = yes ; Add hints priorities automatically for parkposextensions if parkext is set
parkingtime = 60 ; Number of seconds a call can be parked before returning
comebacktoorigin = no

after a call is parked for one minute, the extension that parked it rings and when answered no audio is heard eitrher direction.

I have now increased the parking time to 3660. It is a work-around but makes the parking usable.

I now need to only firgure out the damn codes and how to make #XX codes work.

Hey @markosjal, great you succeeded. I wasn’t able to respond earlier due to newbie restrictions here at the forum.

In res_parking.conf you can specify the context a parked user is transferred to, after he hit the timeout. Due to the fact that you did not define context parkedcallstimeout the parked call is redirected to default context. Here an example:

[parkedcallstimeout]
exten = s,1,NoOp(parked call timed out)
 same = n,Playback(sorry)
 same = n,Playback(unavailable)
 same = n,Hangup()

If you call phone 2 with phone 1 and blind transfer to 61, phone 2 should be parked. Then you dial 61 on phone 1 and you should pickup the parked call again. That’s how it works for me. When hitting the parking button on my Yealink T48s it blind transfers the call to 61. Hitting the button again dials 61, hence, picking up the call again.

In regards to the PBX Call Park Code, what is Asterisk showing you on the console what the phone is sending to it? I thought that if you enter “61” as PBX Call Park Code it simply transfers the active call to 61.
Did you try *61 already? You could change the dialplan accordingly in case your phone needs the Park Codes to start with *.

Please let me know if it worked.
Best

Asterisk is showing nothing. It seems asterisk is not responding to DTMF

Hey @markosjal, that is strange. Can you sniff the packets on the wire and analyze them with Wireshark or the like?
Best

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.