Call forwarding + how debugging issues

Hi all,

As engineer I’m new to the whole Asterisk setup, but after some reading I understand some basics of it.

FYI: I have a Asterisk 1.4.21.2 running on ubuntu.

Now, first I just want to know if the following setup is possible. I think it is, but I’m not quiet sure of it.

I want to setup our Asterisk to forward any incoming call on number #### (let’s say 1111) to a mobile phone number or internal number or land line. To give a more clear view of the situation I will “draw” it.

2022 -> 1111 -> cellphone/land line

2022 (number in the cisco call manager) will be forwarded to 1111 (Asterisk), and this call will be forwarded to a cellphone or land line. As you can see the Asterisk number (1111) doesn’t need to have a phone/softphone. It is only for forwarding from Asterisk to a cellphone.

I will show my current config:

extention.conf

[testing] ;exten => 1111,1,Dial(SIP/2255,30) exten => 1111,1,FollowMe(1111) ;exten => 1111,3,Dial(${TRUNK}/cellphone_number,20,r) exten => 1111,n,Hangup

followme.conf

[1111] musicclass=>default context=>default number=>cellphone_number,20,1

When i Dial 2022 , I get “[color=#FF0000]Your call cannot be completed as dialed,…[/color].”

I want to know, how I can debug this and look where it went wrong. Because i can’t find anything in the log files.
Even if there are better solutions for this, I’m all ear.

Kind Regards

Do you have a rule in your extensions.conf that covers the outbound calls to GSM numbers?

No, Can you give some explanation about " rule that covers outbound calls to GSM"?

As for now, it is working for internal call. For external call i try to go through our cisco gateway.

But what I do not know, is how or what you need to configure Asterisk, to call mobile numbers (installing modules or something else, …).

He’s either not read the question properly, or he is pointing out that the line in you extensions.conf which would do this is both commented out and has a missing priority number before it.

Can you plese copy/paste the contents of sip.conf and extensions,conf?

Yes, I can.

Rules in comment, are rules that I also tried.
Calling to internal numbers is working.

sip.conf

[code][general]
context=default
bindport=5060
bindaddr=0.0.0.0

[cisco-GW]
type=friend
host=192.168.200.1
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
nat=no
canreinvite=yes
qualify=yes

[cisco-GW2]
type=friend
host=192.168.200.2
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
nat=no
canreinvite=yes
qualify=yes

[Callmanager]
type=friend
host=192.168.200.3
port=5080
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
nat=no
canreinvite=yes
qualify=yes
[/code]

extensions.conf

[general]
autofallthrough=yes
clearglobalvars=no
priorityjumping=no

[globals]
CONSOLE=Console/dsp                             ; Console interface for demo
IAXINFO=guest                                   ; IAXtel username/password
TRUNK=Zap/g2                                    ; Trunk interface
TRUNKMSD=1                                      ; MSD digits to strip (usually 1 or 0)

[local]
ignorepat => 0
include => default
include => testing

[default]
; Test Number for forwarding IT Support Weekend to Cellphone
;exten => 1111,1,Dial(SIP/2408,20,r)    ; working

;exten => 1111,1,FollowMe(1111)
;exten => 1111,1,Dial(${TRUNK}/cellphone_number,20,r)
exten => 1111,1,Dial(mISDN/g:extern/cellphone_number)
;exten => 1111,1,Dial(SIP/from-cisco-2/cellphone_number)

followme.conf

[1111] musicclass=>default context=>default number=>cellphone_number,20,1

misdn.conf

[first_extern] ports=4 context=default msns=*

After some debugging, i think i maybe find some error:

[Oct 19 11:15:32] WARNING[29390]: channel.c:3068 ast_request_with_uniqueid: No channel type registered for ‘mISDN’
[Oct 19 11:15:32] WARNING[29390]: app_dial.c:1202 dial_exec_full: Unable to create channel of type ‘mISDN’ (cause 66 - Channel not implemented)

So, if I’m correct, I will need to install this module write ? Or does this mean something else ?

Kind Regards

It means the module isn’t loaded. That could be because Asterisk wasn’t built for it, because the module was missing from teh modules directory, because its configuration file was missing or invalid, or because, for some reason, the auto-load process missed it. The last can be addressed by using the load command to manually load it. The errors from this will help with identifying the other causes.

What if you try this:

exten => 1111,1,Dial(SIP/cisco-GW/cellphone_number)

[quote=“dejanst”]What if you try this:

exten => 1111,1,Dial(SIP/cisco-GW/cellphone_number) [/quote]

No message in the CLI and only getting the busy tone.

I will see if i can get the chan_misdn.so module in place.