Call files

trying to set up an automated dialer that will call an extension and play a file.

Right now I am testing with internal extension but eventually will move to external calls.

Any help and examples would be appreciated.

Thanks

I got it to call an extension.

Channel: sip/101
MaxRetries: 2
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 30

Application: Playback
Data: testMsg

The next question is where would the testMsg be located and what format?

Think I am getting closer…

here is the call file

Channel: sip/101
MaxRetries: 2
RetryTime: 60
WaitTime: 30

Application: Playback
Data: /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom/testMsg

I get the following in frome the *CLI>

[Dec 27 14:06:45] WARNING[25310]: pbx_spool.c:278 safe_append: Unable to set utime on /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/test2.call: Operation not permitted
– Attempting call on sip/101 for application Playback(/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom/testMsg) (Retry 1)
== Using UDPTL CoS mark 5
== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
– <SIP/101-00000037> Playing ‘/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom/testMsg.g722’ (language ‘en’)
[Dec 27 14:06:52] ERROR[2026]: cdr_mysql.c:203 mysql_log: Cannot connect to database server localhost: (1045) Access denied for user ‘pbxmanager’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES)
[Dec 27 14:06:52] NOTICE[2026]: pbx_spool.c:366 attempt_thread: Call completed to sip/101

I seems that it is playing on the server side but there is no sound on the sip phone.

The cdr_mysql error will be in a new thread… one thing at a time…

It actually was working. The problem was with my iPhone Bria and other sip phone apps. iPhone seems to not be allowing sound. Tested it with X-Lite 4 my MAC and the sound was playing…

Now to figure out whats going one withe the Bria iPhone app…

Hello Everyone, I was wondering how I could use remote sound in my call files.
Can someone tell me how to use it if putting it in the .call file isn’t the workable route. Will appreciate your comments. :cry: