.call file only working first time

I have .call file with the below content placed in the /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing directory. But the file is not getting executed.

Channel: SIP/2000
Application: Playback
Data: demo-thanks

I had previously placed multiple .call files before this file and only the very first file that I placed only got executed.

Question is, how you create this file? Directly in this director or somewhere and than move to destination or maybe you copy files ?

I create this file in my local machine and then copy the file to the above mentioned path using WinSCP

I asked because very important is a date of creation time. I dont know how WinSCP works while you copy files to remote machine, but I just suggest you to create files directly on the remote machine for exclude WinSCP as a problem generator and then move this files to /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing. The mv command should create new files in destination directory with actual timestamp and instruct Asterisk to execute this.

The other reason for using mv is that it is atomic, whereas writing a file is not.

Thanks once again. It is working now.

What you did? Please explain to help any other people for looking answer to this same issue

The problem was that the machine in which the asterisk is installed has been set to US time zone. But my local machine is set to our local time zone. Since I was creating the file in my local machine and copying to the /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing directory using WinSCP tool, it was not working. Now created the file directly in the editor under the /var/spool/asterisk/tmp folder and then used the mv command to move the same to the /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing directory.

1 Like

Also the playback does’nt seem to be working since I am not hearing the sound file being played to the caller.