Busy Tone?

I have two sip trunks from viatalk… I am told that they support up to two calls per trunk at the same time… I have a hunt group setup with them (viatalk) but the problem is I have told the trunk that it supports two calls at the same time…

Now after two calls are placed on the trunk I dont get anything… viatalk send the trunk call in to me… and if I dont busy it out then they dont really do anything… so essentially I have calls that go nowhere…

How can I tell asterisk to busy the trunk out (send busy tone) to the caller when two calls are on the trunk… ? Can this be done?

Basically ViaTalk is sending the call to me… and I can see the call in the cli but I need to send busy tone back after there are two incomming or two outgoing calls on that trunk… make sense? Can it be done?

The only solution I have found is to “burn” a line
we take the “last” inbound line and send it to busy and hangup.

But with only two channel you would only get one call.

Two channels sounds like home account.

Connect.voicepulse.com will give you four, vitelity is uncapped…

It is a viatalk line… $200 for two years of service… hard to beat… I have more than one account with them though…

They say I can have two incomming and two outgoing calls at the same time per trunk…

How can I tell the trunk that after two calls you need to send to busy tone?

Sorry the burning a line is a zaptel thing.
I really do not know how you would do it using VOIP channels
which is why folks get the unlimited channel accounts for business with two lines or more.

I never really understood how a limited account would work for a buisness; for home users …sure but not for a office with more than one line.

As a rule not one of our customers uses VOIP as a primary line, they are for oveflow / call routing only.

Sure… I follow you…
There must be a way to do this though…
Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Sorry for the dumb question, but isn’t this feature (busy tone) a responsability of the provider?
Imagine that you have an unlimited number of lines available but that you only want to use 10 or 20 because of traffic issues, then this would be a configuration on the PBX. This case is different, so I’m on the opinion that the responsability is on the provider.

You would think… but here is the deal…

They are telling me that if I dont “busy” the line then the hunt group will not function from their end…

Well as I look at my viatalk call logs I see three calls inbound and all three say “answered” but the problem is I never heard ANYTHING on the third call?

I have my inbound route setup to send all calls to an IVR… is there some setting that would make it only answer two calls and then answer the third with no greeting?

Many of the LOW END providers do this, they do not waste money on those “ADDONS”

Those “ADDONS” like call forwarding if he Asterisk box is down…instead they give callers the fast busy or that number is not in service…BAH…BAH…ABH

The VOIP market is a DOLLAR driven buisness and those dollars are hard to get so they must cut services some place.

Once more this is why you ALWAYS have copper as the primary line
telco’s understand BUSY…

Right i understand that I need copper… It is being installed. That really doesnt help me though… because I need to control rollover from one SIP trunk to another.

Lets assume I have copper… on that is busy it rolls to my SIP trunk… I get two calls on the sip trunk… now what?

I have a second sip trunk that I can use but I am being told by the provider that unless I can “busy” the line that they will not follow hunt rules… If you get the channels fully loaded up then the next call go straight to voicemail.

By the way viatalk is loaded with features… network down and all that stuff is there…

If anyone has a sugguestion to addressing the issue posed please post… thank you

[quote]They say I can have two incomming and two outgoing calls at the same time per trunk…

How can I tell the trunk that after two calls you need to send to busy tone?[/quote]

You shoulnd need to, The limit is imposed by them so you should only recive 2 calls, IF they are sending 3 then you need to get them to configure their end correctly.

Ian

What I am saying is that they are telling me the device on teh accepting end controls the busy tone… they are saying unless I can send a busy tone that their hunt group will not hit the next number in the list…

Hi

[quote]
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2007 14:07 Post subject:
What I am saying is that they are telling me the device on teh accepting end controls the busy tone… they are saying unless I can send a busy tone that their hunt group will not hit the next number in the list…[/quote]

No they have said that each number can have 2 calls, Its up to them to make sure of it, What are the channels SIP IAX or what ?

This can and should be done from their end.

Ian

Well, it seems that my question wasn’t dumb at all :smile:
What they must do is give you a trunk with 4 channels and not 2 trunks with 2 channels. From what you’ve told, you have one number for each trunk, right?

right I have two trunks… two numbers.
Each trunk can have two incomming and two outgoing calls.

I think there is no answer to this outside the carrrier…