I am running Asterisk 188.8.131.52 on one of asterisk appliance and currently have 2 channel devices. I have heard a function from a lot of VOIP provider and I always wanted to create one for me now that I have my own applicance.
Basically, Below is my requirement and I would like to seek advice in how to do it.
- You call one PSTN channel connected to asterisk
- Asterisk answer with IVR
- when you press 9, it will ask for a number that you wish to dial.
- Caller keys in the number he wants to dial.
- Call will hangup
- Asterisk will then call the callers number
- Once the caller answers the call, it will then dial the number that he input on step 4 using a different channel
- Call will be connected.
I know this is possible since there are a lot of providers doing it. But I am not sure if this is possible on my asterisk version and not sure how to create the concept. I already have an IVR in place just need to create the context that I can add to make this work. Hope someone call help me out and provide a good working context sample.
The reason I want to do this is to save up from outgoing calls since I will be using my cell to trigger the call. I have free incoming but I need to pay for outgoing. Thanks