Beep sound during call

Hai All.

I am making an incoming call to one of SIP DID in asterisk server(Version 11) and transfecting the call to another asterisk server(version 14) using my IAX trunk. When am making an incoming call there is file is being played.

Issue : While playing the file am getting beep sound (which is not there in vociefile) .

Can anyone help me to find the issue .?

First help yourself by looking at the log file…

You can see the call there and the source of the beep.

I have checked the log file but there is no beep sound playing log>>>

and also i have taken the tcpdump logs even in that call listening there is no beep sound…

Also noticed its happening particularly while the end customer calling from Airtel operator …

Any suggestion ??

If it is not present in the tcpdump, it must be the caller’s system that is producing it.

even i thought the same…But when am dialing from any Air tel operator number am having the same issue.
Below is my dial plan
exten => _X.,1,Progress()
exten => _X.,n,Ringing
exten => _X.,n,wait(3)
exten => _X.,n,agi(inboundtest.agi)

In the AGI am playing my file.

The same thing if i dial from any other operator number there is no issue. And its SIP Trunk DID.

I have also tried to change the relaxdtmf option in SIP.conf and tried and result is still same.

The fact that it doesn’t happen for other operators also points to an upstream problem.

If the beeps had been in the tcpdump, I would have wondered if there was early media coming from the AGI, but, as they are not, that isn’t worth any more thought.

Also, there is no point in providing just a dialplan, if most of the work is done in AGI; you need to provide the AGI script, as well.

Below is my AGI

#!/usr/bin/php -q

<?php GLOBAL $agi; require('/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/phpagi/phpagi.php'); $agi = new AGI(); $callerid = $agi->request['agi_callerid']; $uniqueid = $agi->request['agi_uniqueid']; $agi->Answer(); $agi->verbose("============================================START========================================"); $res=$agi->get_data('/home/local/CORPORATE/vijo/clubtest',3000,2); $dtmf_lan=$res["result"]; $agi->verbose("dtmf is" .$dtmf_lan); $agi->hangup(); exit;
#!/usr/bin/php -q

<?php
GLOBAL $agi;
require('/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/phpagi/phpagi.php');
$agi = new AGI();
$callerid = $agi->;request['agi_callerid'];
$uniqueid = $agi->request['agi_uniqueid'];
$agi->Answer(); $agi->verbose("============================================START========================================");
$res=$agi->get_data('/home/local/CORPORATE/vijo/clubtest',3000,2);
$dtmf_lan=$res["result"];
$agi->verbose("dtmf is" .$dtmf_lan);
$agi->hangup();
exit;

I can’t see any valid reason to use AGI here. However, I wonder if you are seen talk-off, where audio is misinterpreted as DTMF, and the upstream system is simply replacing some of your recording with DTMF.

This is generally only a problem for parts of the system that use inband DTMF, and parts even further back that use out of band DTMF, but all those parts would be upstream of Asterisk.