Background music for ARI Asterisk calls

I am trying to come up with a solution for playing background music during the entirety of our calls. We have a bridge and a client channel that is used for recognizing client’s input. Adding music to the client’s channel directly is not an option because client’s channel is used for recognition.

We have the following requirements:

1. We want the abillity to change the volume of the background music.
  2. We want the background music to play during the entire call, without ever stopping.

I tried multiple things.

1. Creating a snoop on top of client’s channel and setting whisper-out on it. However, I can’t hear anything from this whisperer when we aren’t playing any prompts. Turns out this is a common problem with snoop whisperers. More info here ARI snoop problem.

2. Adding a second playback to the bridge. This is fine, however, since I am playing music on the bridge, I can’t change the volume of the background music. And this is one of the requirements.

Any tips / suggestions?

I think this is a bad idea, especially if you are doing speech recognition. The music will reduce the ability of the remote party to understand what is being said to them, and echo cancellation will not be perfect, so some of the music will be mixed in with their audio, potentially compromising the speech recognition. This sounds like a requirement from non-technical marketing people.

However the general way of doing this is with chan_spy and the whisper feature.

yeah, I tried using chanspy with whisper, hovewer I found a really bad limitation of chanspy. It is that chanspy whisperer doesn’t work when there is nothing else playing in your channel. More info here: ARI snoop problem

Do you know any way I could handle this problem? Or any workaround for it?

I am trying to come up with a solution for playing background music during the entirety of our calls. We have a bridge and a client channel that is used for recognizing client’s input. Adding music to the client’s channel directly is not an option because client’s channel is used for recognition.

We have the following requirements:

1. We want the abillity to change the volume of the background music.
  2. We want the background music to play during the entire call, without ever stopping.

I tried multiple things.

1. Creating a snoop on top of client’s channel and setting whisper-out on it. However, I can’t hear anything from this whisperer when we aren’t playing any prompts. Turns out this is a common problem with snoop whisperers. More info here ARI snoop problem .
  2. Adding a second playback to the bridge. This is fine, however, since I am playing music on the bridge, I can’t change the volume of the background music. And this is one of the requirements.

Any tips / suggestions?