Background cmd problem

Hello all,

Alright, I’ve got a weird problem on my hands and maybe some of you geniuises have come across something like that…
I recorded a file, that I named dialtone. When I do this command:

Playback(dialtone) —> No problem, I hear it. But If I do this one:

Background(dialtone) —> I doesn’t hear anything… and if I beleive my CLI, it plays…

Now I recorded that file myself in a wav format and then, in linux, I did a sox command to convert it to gsm. But anyways, if I can hear it with Playback, then I should hear it as well with the background command, right?
And I really need this command since I need to do an interaction while my file is playing…

Does anyone of you ever had this problem before? By the way, I’m upgraded to asterisk to 1.2.5 …

Thank’s to all!

This is very weird. Just to make sure that it wasn’t my recorded file that created the problem, I tried with a gsm file that came with asterisk in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds…

Same problem. So basically, this command doesn’t work!! …

I’m I the only one with this problem with asterisk 1.2.5?? Don’t know, maybe it’s a bug in this new asterisk version?

… Just to add more weirdness to that…

I’ve tried to work-around this problem by using the read command.

Something like:
Read(variable,soundfile)

Usually it plays the soundfile while waiting for you, and store the data you entered in variable… Well… I’ve got the same problem! In CLI I see:
– Executing Read(“SIP/201-a4fc”, “read|number”) in new stack
– Playing ‘number’ (language ‘en’)
– User entered ‘7’

You see, Playing ‘number’ where number is a sound file in the default asterisk sounds directory. But I don’t hear nothing! This will only works if I replaced the read or background command by Playback. Then I can hear the soundfile…

But damn, I need an interaction, not a playback!! …

Anyways… Thought I let you now…