AsteriskNow v1.0.1 Xlite and SJPhone: Error 404 not found

Hi friends,

I´m using Asterisk Now with SIP softphones (Xlite and SJPhone), with a Digium Card TDM2400 series (12 analog trunks)…

I can do outbound calls, but, frequently operators have the error: 404 not found… if operator Restart Sip Softphone SJPhone or Xlite, can make another call, but they have to reset SIP phones very often… ¿Somebody have a solution for this problem?

[general]
fullname=New User
userbase=300
hasvoicemail=yes
vmsecret=1234
hassip=yes
hasiax=yes
hasmanager=no
callwaiting=yes
threewaycalling=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
host=dynamic
localextenlength=3
allow_aliasextns=no
allow_an_extns=no
hasagent=no
hasdirectory=no

[300]
callwaiting=yes
context=numberplan-custom-1
fullname=New User
hasagent=no
hasdirectory=no
hasiax=yes
hasmanager=no
hassip=yes
hasvoicemail=yes
deletevoicemail=no
host=dynamic
mailbox=300
secret=123456
threewaycalling=yes
vmsecret=1234
registeriax=yes
registersip=yes
autoprov=no
canreinvite=no
nat=yes
dtmfmode=rfc2833
disallow=all
allow=all
signalling=fxo_ks

Above, extract of the file: users.conf

The 404 not found error is usually because someone tried to dial a number that does not exist in their dialplan context. If nothing is found that matches the “extension”, you’ll get the 404 error from Asterisk.

Try to recreate the issue by attempting to recreate the calls that received the error message.

If you need further help, I’ll be glad to help in any way I can.

rushowr: Thanks for your response. If i make a call, to a number xxx, i can put the call outbound, in others words, the error is not always present, i a make a call to xx number, and later i dial the same number, the error 404 appears… the problem is present with all users, now, i told the users: ‘please restart the SJPhone SIP and make the call’, therefore the users must restart very often.
I tested the situation by myself, in my remote extension, i dial a number, ok, no problem, i talked about 4-5 minuts, when call ended, i wanted redial the same number and error 404 again… if i wait a few minutes, i can make a call again.
the problem is happening in a litle call center (20 workers), they make calls very often and is very problematic to restart softphone because is losed time.

Thanks

You’re going to want to dig a little deeper. Turn on SIP debugging and monitor the console while calls are being made. In fact, you may need to use Wireshark to monitor the SIP traffic. 404 not found errors are probably being caused by network issues or something, as I’ve NEVER seen Asterisk give a 404 when the number exists in the dialplan.

Are ALL calls being routed outbound in the same context?

rushowr: as you say, maybe can be a IP addressing conflict:
here my parameters for AsteriskNow and for a work station.

AsteriskHome:
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
BROADCAST=201.147.237.255
IPADDR=201.147.237.59
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=201.147.237.0
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=ETHERNET

NOTE: I configured AsteriskNow with a public IP because i want to acces it from Internet.

IP CONFIGURATION FOR A SINGLE WORKSTATION WITH SIP PHONE:
IP ADDRESS: 192.168.1.135
SUBMASK: 255.255.255.0
GATEWAY: 192.168.1.240

Note: in the workstations DNS SERVER is not defined, because we don´t want operators use Internet Surfing.

¿What do you think? maybe here is the problem?

Please post example sip.conf entries, that way we can find out if all phones use the same context. Also, the relevant contexts from your dialplan would be good to have, as well as sample numbers that have given you a 404 error.