Asterisk with loadbalancer & Autoscaling functionality

Hi Team,

We want to do the Asterisk autoscaling with load balance the traffic from Aws side, IS there possible to do the these feature directly in Asterisk 20 Version.

Currently we using one to one communication in our environment, Please anyone help us to fix these issue

There is nothing built into Asterisk for such a thing.

Hi Jcoip,

Thanks for the reply. Then how to meet that functionality in Asterisk side please advice

Someone may have a guide or something, otherwise it’s up to you to put pieces together to accomplish it - such as using a SIP proxy to load balance.

for load balancer SIP proxy will use for autoscaling which one we use

I use kamailio in my k8s setup

Hi Mark thanks for the replay could you please share any document related to Asterisk scaling with kamailio setup

I do not have any that is sharable but I recomend that you search youtube for videos from AstriskCon and KamailoWorld where there are serval presentation about scaling with links to git repo with sample config

What exactly do you want to archive?

If you want a random number of Asterisk servers, to handle a random number of clients and automatically scale out, adding more Asterisk servers, when needed, you’re in for quite a ride with Asterisk.

You would need a way to figure out what client is registered to which server, then distribute this information to every Asterisk server, and finally have the ability to route the calls between all the servers.

With Kamailio, that someone else mentioned, you could have the clients register to Kamailo, it’s able to handle quite a lot of clients as it’s just a “simple” router, then when clients call each other, Kamailio just forwards the SIP messages directly between the clients, no Asterisk needed.

You can then setup a sufficient number of Asterisk servers, that Kamailio can send calls to, when you need things like voicemail, message playback, conferencing, queues etc. Kamailio is unable to provide.

It’s also possible, if you want/need to have Asterisk in the middle of the call at all times (Eg. for call recording) to have Kamailio send the call to an Asterisk server, then have Asterisk send another call back to Kamailio for connecting to the other client. But unless you have a need for the features Asterisk provides during the call, there’s no need to put Asterisk in the call at all.

1 Like

Hi ,

Yes you can do this , I am also using same kind of setup

Hi @vignesh-githunt,

connect with me i will explain to you, how to do this.
@8510967375

For the benefit of people wanting to do something similar in future, and
searching for questions and answers, please can this information be posted to
the list rather than kept in a private conversation?

Thanks,

Antony.

The answer to the question in this post cost a lot of effort to get it, for those who own it and therefore it’s worth a lot of money. Making it public like this, at the first one that passes, in exchange for nothing is not a right thing. For example…For the basics on Kamailiio I spent $60 to buy the pdf of the book where things like this are explained.

That attitude, is what makes sure knowledge gets lost over time. Making information easily accessible, is the way to make sure it stays around for as long as possible.

Also this forum is NOT a place to find consulting work, it’s a place to help others with their problems WITHOUT compensation, if you only want to help if getting paid, go ahead and advertise your services somewhere appropriate, this is NOT the place.

1 Like

There is a “Jobs” category explicitly for posting jobs or seeing about getting hired for something.

1 Like

Collecting free information, here and there, on high-level topics, put it into production as best as possible … This is something that helps the reputation of the Open Source way.
I don’t sell anything… But when it comes to buying to have a source of information, I’ve never backed down.
I’ve been following the open source world for too many years not to have understood that the economic side of this way of developing software should be rewarded, by whom I have no intention of helping in any other way.
For example, I asked several expert people, in this forum, if they had projects to sell (just to study them), whether they were complete or not, on subjects on which practical examples are scarce on the net (in my case the whole ARI side , PHPARI…)… I haven’t even dreamed of opening endless threads on the forum about it.

Hi.

Collecting free information, here and there, on high-level topics, put it
into production as best as possible … This is something that helps the
reputation of the Open Source way. I don’t sell anything… But when it
comes to buying to have a source of information, I’ve never backed down.

The answer to the question in this post cost a lot of effort to get it, for
those who own it and therefore it’s worth a lot of money. Making it public
like this, at the first one that passes, in exchange for nothing is not a
right thing.

So, what is your idea of “the right thing”?

For example…For the basics on Kamailiio I spent $60 to buy the pdf of the
book where things like this are explained.

So, even though you do not sell anything, would you be prepared to accept
compensation for the $60 you paid for the Kamailio book (which I also bought,
incidentally, and was surprised at the number of typos and grammatical errors
I found in it) in order to explain here details of your load-balanced and
auto-scaling Asterisk system design?

Antony.

The right thing is to show that one has tried to do something, has made mistakes…asking someone if they can help solve them.
The right thing is not to say share your finished work that I copy it verbatim and not pour a drop of sweat. Because practically nobody does it.
Those who have the knowledge of that level usually act as an Astersik/VoIP consultant, therefore they don’t give anything away.
Moreover, in this forum, most of the people with knowledge don’t give ready meals…Everyone says search on Youtube, Google…Etc…etc…Otherwise they imply (in my opinion), contact me in private that we let’s agree…
P.S. I’m not talking about me. I eventually buy…
P.P.S I won’t write further on this thread…I know that in a perfect world information should be free and shareable. But you know very well how things go.

simone686 said:

I know that in a perfect world information should be free and shareable.
But you know very well how things go.

Yes - Open Source.

The free advice and expertise given out on this list/forum, as well as many
others I am subscribed to (Grafana, Icinga, SpamAssassin and Squid are good
examples) as well as things like Stackoverflow, Serverfault, and sample code
posted on Gitlab / Github etc shows that many people believe in giving away
their expertise as a thank you for getting the software it’s based on free in
the first place.

Read about Stone Soup if you’re not familiar with the idea of everyone
benefitting from giving what they can to a community in exchange for getting
something back which they couldn’t do on their own.

I wish you well however you choose to run your business. I am self employed
and do a lot of well-paid work with Asterisk, but I don’t see that as
incompatible with giving my advice away here for nothing.

Antony.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.