Asterisk + Snom 360 : Logon/logoff from phone

Hi,

I wanted to try asterisk to replace the actual digital phone system in our company.
One nice thing i would like to implement is the ability to log on a phone and logoff when leaving the office. This enable moving from one desk to another very easily. When nobody is logged on the phone, the phone is useless and when a user is logged nowhere, the call is directly redirected to the operator or to his voicemail. I think this is possible with Asterisk but couldn’t find any how-to about it. Does it need specific phone or additionnal software?

A second thing to configure is to make the phone dialing when i click on a phone number on my PC. Is there some additionnal software to install? (on Windows PC…) And optionnaly get a pop-up on the PC screen when the phone ring to have additionnal information from the CRM.

I looked at all-in-one asterisk distro like Elastix or Trixbox but couldn’t find those features.

I used to work with a Cisco system with those fonctionnality but couldn’t find how to implement that with asterisk.

Thanks

Nicolas

ps: I only have a Snom 360 and a Cisco 7912G for testing.

[quote]I wanted to try asterisk to replace the actual digital phone system in our company.
One nice thing i would like to implement is the ability to log on a phone and logoff when leaving the office. This enable moving from one desk to another very easily. When nobody is logged on the phone, the phone is useless and when a user is logged nowhere, the call is directly redirected to the operator or to his voicemail. I think this is possible with Asterisk but couldn’t find any how-to about it. Does it need specific phone or additionnal software?[/quote]

For loggin and logoff you can use a Queue, an your user need to log as agent in that queue to take calls. If the queue doesnt have agents you can send to a voicemail or anything else.

If you dont want a Queue you can use the DND option in your phone this send you to voicemail or enything else depending on your dialplan.

For this you can create a web page with buttons to generate a callback to your phone using the AMI interface.

And some phones like zoiper biz have the feature to open urls when calls arrive.

The feature you want is called Hot Desking. You can find a lot of sample configs on the internet. You can implement this feature in many different ways (typical for Asterisk :wink:)

These are two examples, google finds a lot more :wink:

757.org/~joat/wiki/index.php … ot-desking
asteriskdocs.org/html/ch12s06.html

[quote]For this you can create a web page with buttons to generate a callback to your phone using the AMI interface.
[/quote]

I am looking at how to integrate asterisk with our CRM that is a JSF web application runing on JBoss 5. When a customer service representative picks up a phone, or calls a customer, a browser window should pop up showing the customer detail info.

I have two questions:

1. How to get notified when a phone call is bridged, or ringing?
  2. How to popup a browser window to the customer service representative who picks up the phone call? not the machine on which JBoss is running.

Thanks for help in advance.
Dave

1. AMI events
  2. Run the remote desktops on Unix/Linux and give the JBOSS machine permission to use those machines’ X-servers. For Windows you will probably need a custom server, as I don’t think the permission system allows one to give permission for unsolicited windows. In any case, none of this part relates to Asterisk.

How to register to listen to AMI events remotely? CRM is on one machine, and Asterisk is on anther machine.
Thanks for help.
Dave

The same way as you do on the local machine, except you may have to allow the client’s IP address in manager.conf.