Asterisk <---> skype

Hello,

I want to know if is possible to use skype trunks in asterisk, in this case, I have to use skype manager?

Thanks in advance

It was possible, but Microsoft withdrew their licence and support shortly after they bought out Skype. You need to decide wheher you want a proprietary or an open architecture.

Are you shure? I think skype connect is sip trunking for asterisk, have any tried this?

I am certain that Digium’s Skype for Asterisk is being withdrawn for that reason. Skype Connect doesn’t seem to be specific to Asterisk - it is a sort of Skype ITSP using SIP for access.

I haven’t read their material in detail, but, unless it acts in a way that tends to increase Microsoft’s revenue, I would have doubts about its future.

My assumption is that Skype for Asterisk was withdrawn because it was mainly being used for calls to Skype PC based subscribers, so was not generating any revenue for Microsoft.

If Skype supports SIP connectivity, then Asterisk probably can use it. The dedicated Skype for Asterisk is deprecated, as david55 already noted.

rgpasterisk - do you have any info about Skype SIP connectivity?

I have not used it, in the skype official site there is a compability PBXs list. I think it works because the Yeastar MyPBX is not in the list but in the manual of the PBX it´s a tutorial for configuring a skype trunk, and that PBX is asterisk powered

I attach the features that the PBX has to have to be compatible with skype connect (in spanish):

support.skype.com/es/faq/FA1055 … bx-con-sip

It looks like a not particularly onerous ITSP SIP trunk which just happens to be operated by Skype.

The restriction to E.264 number format seems to solve the problem of revenue generation, as presumably all outgoing calls are treated as SkypeOut and charged appropriately. The restriction would seem to prevent directly addressing a Skype PC user, and therefore making a free call.

My guess is that most SFA users were using an independent ITSP for outgoing PSTN calls.

Of course, the details on subsequent pages may invalidate some of the above.

From an interfacing point of view, this looks like a SIP ITSP, not specifically Skype.