Asterisk process is stopping autmaticially

Hi,

I worked with Asterisk 11.x and Asterisk 13.x in CentOS and RHEL Linux flavors. Everything is working fine. But, what I noticed is Asterisk process is automatically stopping after couple of hours. I really don’t understand why it is happening. If I restart Asterisk, every thing works fine again.

Can any body help me?

Thanks in advance.

Chandra.

Provide the system logs and the asterisk logs. That is too few information to troubleshoot something.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

To be honest, this is really a production issue. If anybody is continuously running Asterisk(any version), this issue will come and they will definitely face this issue. But, I really don’t understand why Asterisk process is stopping automatically. I found some of the threads in Internet and every body suggested to restart the Asterisk service, when Asterisk service is hangup. But, nobody answered why Asterisk process is stopping? Is this a bug? This is really a major and serious issue. I hope you understand.

Still, if you want me to send the logs, I will do it.

Thanks in advance.

Chandra.

If that had been happening, the problem would have been fixed, so the solution would be to update to the latest minor versions.

If by stopping, you mean crashing, you will need to follow the instructions here: wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/ … +Backtrace

A normal installation on CentOS would be automatically restarted by safe_asterisk.

If it is doing a controlled stop, that would be most unusual, and the console logs at a very high level of verbosity will be essential.

Hello David,

Thanks very much for your reply. I will do as guided in the documents and update you.

Thank you.
Chandra.