Asterisk listen DTMF from Asterisk in AMI

I am using Asterisk version 16.0.28 and I cannot capture DTMF events via AMI. I have a scenario like this:

I originate a call with AMI and I handle the call in the Asterisk Dialplan using AGI. I want to read DTMF events via AMI, but I cannot see DTMF events in the debug logs that I enabled with the manager set debug on command.

My Dialplan Flow:

[OUTBOUND_FLOWS_TEST]
exten => 5000,1,Set(domain=mobil-test)
same => n,AGI(agi://[AGIIP]/adapter)

manager.conf.
I am connecting to AMI with this user.

[TEST_FRAMEWORK]
secret = passw
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan

My problem of not seeing events starts after the call is routed to AGI. After the switch to AGI, I cannot see any event in the logs. Here is an example from the log:

← Examining AMI event: →
Event: Newexten
Privilege: dialplan,all
SequenceNumber: 2628
File: manager_channels.c
Line: 758
Func: channel_snapshot_update
Channel: PJSIP/SBCMobil-0000000e
ChannelState: 6
ChannelStateDesc: Up
CallerIDNum: 5521476329
CallerIDName:
ConnectedLineNum: 4440375
ConnectedLineName:
Language: en
AccountCode:
Context: OUTBOUND_FLOWS_TEST
Exten: 5000
Priority: 6
Uniqueid: 1708435085.30
Linkedid: 1708435085.30
Extension: 5000
Application: AGI
AppData: agi://[AGIIP]/adapter

When I look at the event list with the manager show events command, there is no DTMF related event.

How can I solve this problem? If you need additional information, please let me know.

Not tried it, but maybe try adding “agi” to the list in your “read” line in manager.conf ? (Or switch both read & write to “all”, temporarily, to see what you get ?)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.