Asterisk ivr to take Doctor's dictation

I’m currently using a product under windows called DialDictate that acts kind of like an automated attendant or IVR. It asks for a password, records dictation from the doctor, and sends the compressed file to a folder or email address depending on the doctor logging in. During recording, the doctor can pause, rewind, and insert into the recording. I really don’t need more than that, so most of the asterisk stuff is extra. Does anybody know if this could be implemented on asterisk with an analog telephony board or a voice modem?

Thanks,

mike

While an automated IVR and recording is possible using this app:

voip-info.org/wiki/index.php … cmd+Record

I am not sure of the ability to rewind while recording and insert in the middle of the recording within Asterisk.

Dictate is the application you are looking for:

asteriskguru.com/tutorials/dictate.html

[quote=“zoa”]Dictate is the application you are looking for:

asteriskguru.com/tutorials/dictate.html[/quote]

I have looked at this tutorial. I also have dictate() in use but my problem is that my dialplan stops with dictate(). In other words number 3 and below won’t execute in the same dialplan below:

[custom-dic-radiology] exten => s,1,Playback(/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom/dd-rad,skip) exten => s,2,Dictate(/var/spool/asterisk/dictate/radiology) exten => s,3,System(for i in /var/spool/asterisk/dictate/radiology/*.raw; do /usr/bin/sox -r 8000 -w -c 1 -s $i /var/spool/asterisk/dictate/radiology/$(basename $i .raw).wav; done) exten => s,4,System(date > /var/spool/asterisk/dictate/radiology/Message.txt) exten => s,5,System(mutt -s "Dictation from workgroup Radiology" -a /var/spool/asterisk/dictate/radiology/*.wav dictation@hospital.local < /var/spool/asterisk/dictate/radiology/Message.txt) exten => s,6,System(rm -f /var/spool/asterisk/dictate/radiology/*.raw) exten => s,7,System(mv /var/spool/asterisk/dictate/radiology/*.wav /var/spool/asterisk/dictate/radiology/*.wav.old) exten => s,8,Wait,2 exten => s,9,Hangup

Does anyone have any ideas why? I want to convert the .raw file to .wav, email the .wav file, then clear out the sound files.