Asterisk is not playing the this one: "leave a message after the tone"

Hi all, asterisk 20.5 is not playing the this one: “leave a message after the tone” when I select this language: “sounds/es_419”, if I switch to “sounds/es” or “sounds/en” it does play the beep.

So if I choose sounds/es_419 it plays silence only when these options:

• leave a message after the tone
  • record your name after the tone
  • record your busy message after the tone
  • record your unavailable message after the tone

I did link the following files from en to es_419:

ln -s /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/pls-enter-num-message-after-tone.alaw /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es_419/pls-enter-num-message-after-tone.alaw
ln -s /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/pls-enter-num-message-after-tone.g722 /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es_419/pls-enter-num-message-after-tone.g722
ln -s /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/pls-enter-num-message-after-tone.sln16 /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es_419/pls-enter-num-message-after-tone.sln16
ln -s /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/pls-enter-num-message-after-tone.ulaw /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es_419/pls-enter-num-message-after-tone.ulaw
ln -s /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/after-the-tone.alaw /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es_419/after-the-tone.alaw
ln -s /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/after-the-tone.g722 /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es_419/after-the-tone.g722
ln -s /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/after-the-tone.sln16 /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es_419/after-the-tone.sln16
ln -s /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/after-the-tone.ulaw /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es_419/after-the-tone.ulaw
ln -s /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/after_tone.alaw /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es_419/after_tone.alaw
ln -s /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/after_tone.g722 /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es_419/after_tone.g722
ln -s /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/after_tone.sln16 /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es_419/after_tone.sln16
ln -s /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/after_tone.ulaw /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es_419/after_tone.ulaw

Restarted asterisk but it didn’t solve anything.

Also, in extensions_additional.conf there is a mention of what looks like the tone I am missing, but I dont understand if is related to or not…
[macro-systemrecording]
exten => switchlang,n,Playback(after-the-tone)

Any idea where can I look at or how can I add that missing “beep tone” to my selected language?

Thanks!!!

Issue solved by deleting the original (corrupted file) and linking it from en folder:

ln -s /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/en/beep.ulaw /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es_419/beep.ulaw

I was able to find what exact file was causing the issue by running asterisk -rvvvv and then make a test call and analyze the messages of the output:

-- <PJSIP/2001-0000000c> Playing 'beep.ulaw' (language 'es_419')

This message indicated that it was using the file beep.ulaw, I did a comparison of the beep.ulaw from the es_419 folder and it was 11 bytes while the one from the en folder was 3.4K, something were wrong with the original file of the spanish folder so I just deleted it and linked it from the working es directory.

Aldo