Asterisk integration with IBM Websphere Voice Server 5.1.2

Hello everybody,

It is posible to connect Asterisk and is IVR functionality with a ASR/TTS platform from IBM [color=darkred](Websphere Voice Server 5.1.2 under VoiceXML 2.0 standard with Linux)[/color]

I am evaluating the posible use of asterisk. If any one can help me or have expereience in this field, contact me thought messenger [color=green]dario010675@hotmail.com[/color]. I need a lot of help!!

Dario :wink:

[color=red][size=150]PD: Don’t want to pay $25.000 dolars for a Genesys o Avaya system.[/size] [/color]

[quote=“Dario”]Hello everybody,

It is posible to connect Asterisk and is IVR functionality with a ASR/TTS platform from IBM [color=darkred](Websphere Voice Server 5.1.2 under VoiceXML 2.0 standard with Linux)[/color][/quote]

Yes, it is possible. Have a look here:

asterisk-java.sourceforge.net/

(There are others too.)

[quote=“Dario”]I am evaluating the posible use of asterisk. If any one can help me or have expereience in this field, contact me thought messenger [color=green]dario010675@hotmail.com[/color]. I need a lot of help!!

Dario :wink:[/quote]

I will send you a message, if you are still looking that is.

I here you. I know Genesys well, and it is an overkill platform that costs way too much for most applications.

[quote=“muppetmaster”][quote=“Dario”]Hello everybody,

It is posible to connect Asterisk and is IVR functionality with a ASR/TTS platform from IBM [color=darkred](Websphere Voice Server 5.1.2 under VoiceXML 2.0 standard with Linux)[/color][/quote]

Yes, it is possible. Have a look here:

asterisk-java.sourceforge.net/

(There are others too.)

[quote=“Dario”]I am evaluating the posible use of asterisk. If any one can help me or have expereience in this field, contact me thought messenger [color=green]dario010675@hotmail.com[/color]. I need a lot of help!!

Dario :wink:[/quote]

I will send you a message, if you are still looking that is.

I here you. I know Genesys well, and it is an overkill platform that costs way too much for most applications.[/quote]

I am looking to do the same thing - link calls incoming to my asterisk server to ibm voice server. i do not understand how the above link relates. any further guidance would be extremely appreciated by the IVR newbie.

cheers,

shea

I believe that you will need a VoiceXML browser to integrate with the Websphere voice server. I know there are some open source ones out there, but I personally would take the commercial route… as the open source ones seem kind of ‘hack-ish’.

Check this one out, not sure on the pricing.

i6net.com/products/vxi/

-Geoff

[quote=“g2010”]I believe that you will need a VoiceXML browser to integrate with the Websphere voice server. I know there are some open source ones out there, but I personally would take the commercial route… as the open source ones seem kind of ‘hack-ish’.

Check this one out, not sure on the pricing.

i6net.com/products/vxi/

-Geoff[/quote]

thanks. will check it out. beyond that, does anyone know how (by what command) asterisk is able to “pipe” real-time audio (from a phone call) through to a 3rd party IVR platform like IBM Voice Server ?

Cheers.