Asterisk failure on startup

hi. i am trying to setup asterisk home and now when i start it it gives me the error:

== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf’: Found
== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/extconfig.conf’: Found
Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk.ctl exist?)

i do not have any remote asterisks!!! also i do not have /var/run/asterisk.ctl

How are you starting up asterisk ? St up full logging in /etc/asterisk/logger.conf then look in /var/log/asterisk/full and see what comes up.

try to run from console:
asterisk -vvvvvvvvvvvvvc

still it does not start

This is very informative. We can understand everything.
What you receive in console when you run:
asterisk -vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvc

May be if you post here answer to this question, you will receive more help.
But - still it does not start - then don’t start it! Go and get something which starts!

[b]no progress at all on my problem…

got any other idea?

Individual Debt Consolidation
[/b]

Can you post the output of /var/log/asterisk/full ?

[quote=“re14forum”][b]no progress at all on my problem…

got any other idea?

Individual Debt Consolidation
[/b][/quote]
If you cant provide even output of
asterisk -vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvc
nobody can have any idea, except to go and pay to somebody to solve your problem, or start working with something else.

I am curious if re14forum has problem with Asterisk or just want to SPAM us with advertising his debt service.
But if his service is as his responsiveness on questions - I think anybody will get in deep troubles if relay on provided debt services.

Hi…

I would like to know in what instance the asterisk stops responding not allowing to log into the console.

I guess this would happens when on any hardware/configuration files changes. the asterisk.ctl file would be created in
this location… /var/run/asterisk.ctl.

I had this happen. sometimes it works when you did an ‘amportal restart’, and it would back online as the user ‘asterisk’ (like it should be), and would work fine…

The Command ‘amportal restart’ would stop asterisk, and kill all active calls and start asterisk.

I too had this type of issues. I was able to fix it after taking backup and recompiling it.

what is the asterisk version that you have installed.

In the /etc/asterisk directory edit asterisk.conf and check where the astrundir pointed.
if it is /var/run/ then try to change it to /var/run/asterisk
then reboot the server once and then try to start the asterisk with the command sudo asterisk.

After all these try connecting to asterisk server using sudo asterisk -rvvvvvvv.

More over provide us the details from log file and the asterisk console command…