Asterisk Database and Managment

Hello,

i´m new in the asterisk world and im trying to understand how it works internally. I have a school project were i have to develop a portal that show statistics from asterisk pbx. But 1st i need to find out what kind of statistics i can get from it.

Can someone help me?

I the other hand i’m trying to understand internal DB to find out if those stats are there. Can anyone tell me what kind of database it uses and what is regeitered there?

Thanks,

LL

Asterisk use the Berkley DB. You can also get a lot of stats from the CDR’s as well as writing your own scripts to get more stats. What exact stats are you looking to get ?

Hi,

1st of all i need to know what kind of statistics i can get out of the box. the 1st step forthis school work is to get a table with all the possible statistics and after select the ones that can be more or less important for the project.

Can you give me a and in the methodes to get that info?

Thanks

You can get the call records from the CDR’s (Master.csv). You can get call times, call durations etc. From this the possibilities are endless. There is also a queue log. Here some that I can think of at the moment:

1. Average call duration
  2. Ratio of calls answered (inbound/outbound)
  3. How many calls to the queue.
  4. How many queue calls were answered and how many were abandoned.
  5. Call ratio’s.
  6. Call statics per hour, day, week, month and year.
  7. How many outbound/inbound calls are answered/not answered.
  8. Who speaks the most/who has the shortest calls.

There are many other things you can do which would require some creativity in the dial plan.

1. Active calls
  2. Codec’s being used.
  3. Routes being used.

I am sure others can add to this list.

Can you help me with the DB interface?

What kind of interface can i use to access the DB and get the statistics?

Thanks,

LL

[quote=“llopes”]Can you help me with the DB interface?

What kind of interface can i use to access the DB and get the statistics?

Thanks,

LL[/quote]

See page 160
google.be/url?sa=t&source=we … vFSenph0eg

This DB is not for getting statistics.

So what do i have to do to get that kind of statistics?

llopes: There is a lot to be said about the issue. Hit me up on AIM (dovi5988) and I will try to help you out as much as I am able to.

You might be interested in connecting Asterisk AGI with Oracle like databases. Please visit the following URL:
forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php? … ght=oracle