Thanks for response
It is solved and clear now to me, so again Big Thanks, we can close this toppic.
First, sorry for such a “primitive” question, and i found it out too, after some 10 hr. of testing
and one sleeples night, that it really is possible and
actually very,very easy, once you get a bit more familliar with asterisk and initiall hook-ups’.
( I just got a bit in panic cause of deadline i have and it did not go as expected, too many
variables, dooing asterisk and VoIP 1st time , so i screamed for help.)
TO SUMMARIZE MY OWN QESTIONS/ANSWERS (for newbees in * like me )
( sorry if i repeat above statements,those below are made on my own expirience,and it took only 1 day of playing with asterisk …)
- Asterisk is really GREAT !!!
- You dont need audio card to playback any messages ( gsm,wav,mp3 or whatever * can…)
-You dont need any softphone to auto-answer calls ( and then doo whatever you want too…)
-You dont need any SPECIAL hardware ( good linux machine with netwoork card will do VoIP as much as your bandwidth /VoIP provider allow you. )
- depending on SIP provider, YES,you canregistrate more than 1 SIP client/nr to same ip/hostname ( again,no softphone/phone at all connected to * )
- Same Voiceboxes/menus/audiomessages are simoultaneouslly available on all your SIP
registraded nr’s ( if you make such config)
-busytone problems - check any NAT/firewalling in your net and ask your provider too!
if they do any funny stuff between you and www! ( really, it is worth of try )
AND, if you dont want DIAL-OUT, costs are more than <minimal/per Year! (10 euro per leased official PHONE NR./line here in europe ( Holland) ).
Well if you only need a call+answer center with extras like “Leave your message after BEEP/press this and that to do THIS-AND-THAT” , this is IT!
It can’t get cheaper, seriouslly. Leasing any lines from post for pure call-in+prerecorded-helpdesk-response-and-leave-your-request-after-beep-tone-we-call-you-back,
and buying expensive hardware to do it is obsolete with asterisk and good internet connection.
What i did/use w. asterisk now ( 2nd day ) :
- LinuxFromScratch for 64Bit/multilib ( 2 Dual Core Opterons, 2 GB mem , RAID, – well it does not get better than this )
- latest asterisk asterisk-1.2.11 + addons + sounds
( important maybe - use latest SOX version - sox: v12.18.2 for creating your own gsm/wav messages )
- And lots of software - webserver,sql,vsftpd,aduio/video streaming server, and now asterisk on same machine to integrate those streams into audiomessages for phone callers.
Like "press 105 to listen to XXXYYYZZZ …
- WAV 16 Bit , 8KHz, signed linear is faaaar beter than free gsm for linux. ( gsm works perfect and has less bandwithd ( MUCH LESS ~ 1/10) than wav ,but it gets crispy and
psychoacoustics are not soo god.)
And it works like clock!
Also , compilling asterisk on 64Bit for 32 bit multilib LinuxOS (codecs…codecs… please port
them all …) went flawlessly
Ok. I stop now, and thanks for all the help.
1 more happy asterisk user is here
( does not mean i wont come back with more questions )