Asterisk as a Proxy, not PBX?

My requirement seems a bit strange. My logic is Asterisk is a B2BUA. It is possible to configure it via TCP.

1. I will tell asterisk that these(say 500) are my user sip uri and password. Then asterisk will register as client, with a thirdparty PBX(say broadworks) with all these uri information. Is it possible with asterisk?

2. When call comes via third party PBX to an individual sip uri then Asterisk will send me event via tcp, like OnCallArrive event with parameter callid,from(uri). Is it possible to get tcp event from asterisk like this?

Hi,

1. yes is possible inside sip.conf
    see: voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … g+sip.conf

2. AGI will handle this, with a little knowledge of php or perl you can do whatever you want inside the AGI file.
    see: voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+AGI

Regards,
Alfred

thanks.

Is it possible to add these sip agent URI [say 500] dynamically without interrupting live calls? may be via AMI. Is it possible?

1. If you use asterisk real time you should have no problem adding users in real time hence the name.
  2. AFAIK asterisk does not support TCP yet.

Hi,

within an AGI and the real-time package you are able to do all you need, inside the AGI you can do the TCP action you need (wget, SOAP,…), by the way a “sip reload” (that you can arrange over the AMI) do not interrupt any calls.

Regards,
Alfred