Asterisk 18 install on Centos Stream 9

Good day

I have been trying to install Asterisk 18 on Centos Stream 9 for a few days now but I seem to run into problems. Are there specific dependancies or methods to used to install Asterisk 18 on Cenos Stream 9 as every guide I used for Centos Stream 8 does not work on 9?

Regards

What are your problems? COS9 uses different repos and some need to get installed by hand.

Thank you for responding, when I try starting Asterisk after going through all the steps it fails with error code. When I look at the journal I see the following:

"░░ The job identifier is 17138.
Jan 21 06:56:46 asterisk-node1.cartrack.pl asterisk[20894]: /etc/rc.d/init.d/asterisk: line 42: /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions: No such file or directory
Jan 21 06:56:46 asterisk-node1.cartrack.pl systemd[1]: asterisk.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
"

/etc/rc.d/init.d has a README file that basically explains COS9 is a systemd-based OS without support for the old stuff. I think the Asterisk distribution also has some systemd service files, but I haven’t used them myself so far.

I have a COS9 VM already running, so I’ll try to install Asterisk from the sources this weekend. It shouldn’t be too difficult to generate a valid .service file for Asterisk anyway. That said, you do not really need systemd integration.

Thank you, would really appreciate the assistance.

You can copy contrib/systemd/asterisk.service to /usr/lib/systemd/system and then use systemctl start|stop|status asterisk etc. You do not need the socket files.

COS9 has the necessary files and libs for Asterisk, but I couldn’t get res_srtp to work. The system installed lib_srtp2 failed in srtp_init() which lead to

[Jan 21 13:30:24] WARNING[68335]: res_srtp.c:1238 res_srtp_init: Failed to initialize libsrtp
[Jan 21 13:30:24] ERROR[68335]: loader.c:2508 load_modules: *** Failed to load module res_srtp.so
[Jan 21 13:30:24] ERROR[68335]: asterisk.c:3938 check_init: Module initialization failed.  ASTERISK EXITING!

Without res_srtp.so everything seems to run smoothly.

also you may need to make changed to the default config
there should be some text in it explaining what you need to do

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.