Asterisk 16.4 every 20 some days chan sip wigs out

how do you fix this ?

just restarting the vm or also rebooting the endpoints ?

I just restart asterisk

Like its hitting some limit

So How would I migrage to chan_pjsip is one question if I’m in a realtime enviroment?

I looked at the pjsip wizards some time ago but I know this wasn’t going to be easy when I seen it.

The wiki has a page talking about setting up realtime for PJSIP[1]. Wizards aren’t available for realtime, though.

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Setting+up+PJSIP+Realtime

Given that chan_sip isnt’ supportable I guess that is one of my better options. I can’t believe this is a failure in chan_sip however. there are far too many users out there that would be betting down the barn door.

Not every deployment is the same, 'nor every system, 'nor every usage pattern. It’s entirely possible that it is extremely limited to a small subset in a specific scenario.

I’m native asterisk Real Time, on Rhel 7 I guess a lot of small variables but it cant’ be that many. It makes sense that I’m hitting some limit but finding it hasn’t proven easy It appears to affect chan_sip (but I only use chan sip)

I have a much busier foot print than most I guess in that I have about 200 call center agents on the box.

one odd thing noticed,

if I do a !ulimit -n I see the wrong ulimit reported, compared if I go look under /proc/pidOfAsterisk/limits.

to me the 2 should agree but I dont’ know why they don’t

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.