Asterisk 13 video calls don't work when directmedia = no. [text's content updated]

I’m using Asterisk 13.6.0 with codec Opus and VP8 and trying to make a video call between 2 extensions.

Video and Audio only work when I use the option directmedia=yes and directrtpsetup = yes. However I do need to use directmedia=no and directrtpsetup=no, but with this configuration the only thing that works is the audio… the video doesn’t work.

I’ve tried to change the codec to ullaw and h264 but happens the same, the video doesn’t work.

Any tips?
I really appreciate some help.

Technical information:

[100001]
type = friend
fullname = 100001
username = 100001
secret = 100001
host = dynamic
context = teste_video
dtmfmode = rfc2833
setvar = id_agent=894369
disallow=all
allow = opus
allow = vp8
videosupport = yes
directmedia=no
directrtpsetup=no

[100002]
type = friend
fullname = 100002
username = 100002
secret = 100002
host = dynamic
context = teste_video
dtmfmode = rfc2833
setvar = id_agent=894370
disallow=all
allow = opus
allow = vp8
videosupport = yes
directmedia=no
directrtpsetup=no

Extensions

[teste_video]
exten => _1x.,1,NoOp(Dial)
exten => _1x.,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN},60)
exten => _1x.,n,Hangup

I’m not aware that directmediasetup was ever officially released.

I think you would need to provide the SDP exchanges.

My guess is that you have a NAT/Routing environment that doesn’t support direct media. Audio is working because you have some options that re incompatible with direct media (e.g. T or t on Dial).

Hi, thanks for your message,

We are trying to make these video calls in our local network.
What we need is to pass the video through Asterisk and that’s why we put those tags.
What should we do? Any idea?

The subject line and body of your original message conflict. I assumed the body was correct.

My bad! I’m sorry…

I’ve just updated the body. The subject line is the correct issue.

I’m trying to use the DIRECTMEDIA = NO but in this case the video doesn’t work, only the audio.

looking forward to hearing from you again.

Still need the SDP. If that is good on the source side, I’ll also need proof that the media is actually reaching Asterisk.