Asterisk 1.4.19 + DTMF

I am using Asterisk 1.4.19 and some GXP2000 phones. I am having problems with DTMF from the phones to Asterisk. For instance when a roaming user tries to login into a device, none of the dtmf digits are making it to Asterisk.

Example:

[code]root@pbx:/etc/asterisk $ asterisk -rvvvvv
Asterisk 1.4.19.2, Copyright © 1999 - 2008 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer markster@digium.com
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type ‘core show warranty’ for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain conditions. Type ‘core show license’ for details.

== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf’: Found
Connected to Asterisk 1.4.19.2 currently running on pbx (pid = 27835)
Verbosity is at least 5
pbxCLI>
pbx
CLI>
– Executing [11@from-internal:1] Macro(“SIP/0001-08893808”, “user-logon|”) in new stack
– Executing [s@macro-user-logon:1] Set(“SIP/0001-08893808”, “DEVICETYPE=adhoc”) in new stack
– Executing [s@macro-user-logon:2] GotoIf(“SIP/0001-08893808”, “0?s-FIXED|1”) in new stack
– Executing [s@macro-user-logon:3] Playback(“SIP/0001-08893808”, “please-enter-your&extension”) in new stack
– <SIP/0001-08893808> Playing ‘please-enter-your’ (language ‘en’)
– <SIP/0001-08893808> Playing ‘extension’ (language ‘en’)
– Executing [s@macro-user-logon:4] Read(“SIP/0001-08893808”, “AMPUSER|then-press-pound”) in new stack
– <SIP/0001-08893808> Playing ‘then-press-pound’ (language ‘en’)
– User entered nothing.
– Executing [s@macro-user-logon:5] Set(“SIP/0001-08893808”, “AMPUSER=”) in new stack
– Executing [s@macro-user-logon:6] GotoIf(“SIP/0001-08893808”, “0?gotpass”) in new stack
– Executing [s@macro-user-logon:7] Set(“SIP/0001-08893808”, “AMPUSERPASS=”) in new stack
– Executing [s@macro-user-logon:8] GotoIf(“SIP/0001-08893808”, “1?s-NOPASSWORD|1”) in new stack
– Goto (macro-user-logon,s-NOPASSWORD,1)
– Executing [s-NOPASSWORD@macro-user-logon:1] NoOp(“SIP/0001-08893808”, “This extension does not exist or no password is set”) in new stack
– Executing [s-NOPASSWORD@macro-user-logon:2] Playback(“SIP/0001-08893808”, “an-error-has-occured&vm-goodbye”) in new stack
– <SIP/0001-08893808> Playing ‘an-error-has-occured’ (language ‘en’)
– <SIP/0001-08893808> Playing ‘vm-goodbye’ (language ‘en’)
– Executing [s-NOPASSWORD@macro-user-logon:3] Hangup(“SIP/0001-08893808”, “”) in new stack
== Spawn extension (macro-user-logon, s-NOPASSWORD, 3) exited non-zero on ‘SIP/0001-08893808’ in macro ‘user-logon’
== Spawn extension (macro-user-logon, s-NOPASSWORD, 3) exited non-zero on 'SIP/0001-08893808’
pbx
CLI> [/code]

Regards,
Gerry

UPDATE; Found the problem. We had updated these phones to new firmware and we needed to reset the dtmf option to include rfc2833

For the future you can turn on dtmf logging in logger.conf and that look at the log files in /var/log/asterisk to see if the DTMF is coming in (if you are using RFC2833).

I have found inband to work the best with GXP-2000 phones. I was having the same issues that you have using RFC2833