Asterisk 1.4.10 And Fedora 7

Asterisk 1.4.10 and Fedora 7, sounds easy? It is, if you know the trick. I played around with this for hours before I realized what I was doing wrong . So here is a quick list of instructions for those trying to compile Asterisk 1.4.10 from source on Fedora 7 (possibly other Fedoras also).

1. Follow The Instructions As Per Normal - Install Your Required RPMs, unpack the tarball.

2. Run the ‘configure’ script as per normal (if you’re like me and running on a VIA chipset add ‘–host=i586 --build=i586’ to force the processor).

3. If you want, run the ‘make menuselect’ as per normal and select modules.

4. HERES THE TRICK. ‘make’ didn’t work for me, I kept getting pthread issues. To compile, run ‘ASTLDFLAGS="-lpthread -ldl -lresolv" make’.

5. Complete The Install As Per Normal.

And Yes, I do use Zap Channels - And Yes, I did also compile NVFaxDetect with 1.4.10 and it worked.

Best Regards,
Atomic Tux.

I have installed Asterisk 1.4.x several times on different machines (Intel chipsets) running fedora 7 without any tricks. I had some difficulties installing h323, but not with asterisk core.

[quote] I have installed Asterisk 1.4.x several times on different machines (Intel chipsets) running fedora 7 without any tricks. I had some difficulties installing h323, but not with asterisk core.
[/quote]

Hi georgy,

Yes that is very correct and like you said on this thread (forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?t=13268), that you have managed to make it work (or installed it).

Can you please point out what you did to manage to make it work. I am still having difficulty making it work.

Thanks.

We’ve finished installing our new system now.

The new PBX box is running an EPIA board, 1 Gig RAM. It PXE boots from our main file server, runs Fedora 7, and has Fax Detection Installed with a TDM800P card.