Asterisk 1.2.9.1 & Fedora Core 5 Startup Error

I’ve just installed FC5 running Asterisk 1.2.9.1, all compiled OK, but if I start Asterisk it gives me an error of:

“Starting asterisk: /bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”

After completing a Google search I found an interesting post on the RedHat suppot site regarding this issue, but no work-around was given accept that it was an issue with Asterisk.

Apparently it’s something to do with “LD_ASSUME_KERNEL”, which allows Asterisk LinuxThreading, but LinuxThreading support was removed from FC5.

Is there a problem running FC5 with Asterisk? Is there a new work-around?

Any help on this subject would be great!

G.

Looks like a fix added to help to get Asterisk to work in the past bit me on the backside! After checking the /etc/rc.d/init.d/asterisk startup file I found that it was exporting the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL command, this is now no longer required by FC5.

I don’t know if anyone else was hit by this one.

G.

Hello,
I compiled and installed Asterisk 1.2.8 on Fedora Core 5 without a problem. I’m not sure whether this problem arrises only in version 1.2.9. To make sure, try to instal the 1.2.8 version, if it is OK, then the problem is the version, if not, then something is related to your system itself.

Regards,
Hohenzolern