App conference develpoment question, how difficult?

The major limiting factor of app conference for me is the fact it doesnt record the callers name and annouce them into the call.

Now we can record the user pretty easily into a variable but getting this played back followed by “conf-hasjoined” once we have submitted the user into the call is a different problem

The app conference scripts as they stand play “beep” when a user arrives, so Im thinking if we replace this with “beep (then) %callersrecording% (then) conf-has joined” it would work. Easier said then done!

the beep appears three times in the app conference code:

app_conference.so

Member: %d Channel: %s CallerID: %s CallerIDName: %s Count: %d ConferenceJoin begin member event loop, channel => %s conf-onlyperson beep member channel has closed

member.c

[code] // process loop for new member ( this runs in it’s own thread )
//

ast_log( AST_CONF_DEBUG, "begin member event loop, channel => %s\n", chan->name ) ;

// timer timestamps
struct timeval base, curr ;
base = ast_tvnow();

// tell conference_exec we're ready for frames
member->ready_for_outgoing = 1 ;
int my_count = 0;

while ( 42 == 42 )
{
	if ( my_count != conf->membercount ) 
	{
		my_count = conf->membercount;

if ( my_count == 1 ) 
		{
			if ( member->sound_notify ) 
			{
				if( !ast_streamfile(member->chan, "conf-onlyperson", member->chan->language) ) 
				{
					ast_waitstream( member->chan, "" );
				}
			}

}

if ( my_count > 1 && member->sound_notify ) {
			member_play_sound ( member->channel_name, "beep" ) ;
		}
	}

// make sure we have a channel to process
	if ( chan == NULL )
	{
		ast_log( LOG_NOTICE, "member channel has closed\n" ) ;
		break ;
	}[/code]

and member.o

ConferenceName: %s Member: %d Channel: %s CallerID: %s CallerIDName: %s Count: %d ConferenceJoin begin member event loop, channel => %s conf-onlyperson beep member channel has closed

So, is this possible? Im yet to work on the how to increment the variables of callers recordings but thats another problem.

Could the code be modified fairly easily to acheive this?

that ‘beep’ code was added by me… so i’m not sure your going to find much help on here :smile:

lol

OK i found this now

appkonference.svn.sourceforge.n … onference/

Which allows you to:

• konference play sound: play a sound to a conference member
    usage: conference play sound ()+ [mute]
    If mute is specified, all other audio is muted while the sound is played back.

Im just upping a test server to install and see whats possible.

Hi

There also is a agi that does the paying of member names into a conference. We use this to play the name and also they member number. So for example

“User 2 John has joined the conference” is played into the confeence

Ian

[quote=“ianplain”]Hi

There also is a agi that does the paying of member names into a conference. We use this to play the name and also they member number. So for example

“User 2 John has joined the conference” is played into the confeence

Ian[/quote]

Asterisk Gateway Interface? apologies n00b :smile:

Can you point in the general direction?

Hi

Google might bring something up. weve been using it for many years to give the announcmemnt feature.

Ian