Any "RECENT" information on Shared Line Appearance (SLA)

Can anyone point me to where I can find some recent information on setting up Asterisk to work with SLA? I’ve read a lot of information on the wiki and on the O’Reilly site, however none of it appears to be written or talking about Asterisk18 after October/November of 2010. I’d like to learn how to use the HINT functionality to do SLA setup on my home phone system, instead of Parking calls.

I’m currently using Asterisk 1.8.10.1 built by fnord @ tschunk on a x86_64 running Linux on 2013-08-03 09:31:39 UTC, which is running via DD-WRT.

The old information that I see for SLA shows that it requires MeetMe application and DAHDI support. I don’t have access to those, at it appears, from my OPKG, so I need to know if these are still dependencies for this product, or if ConfBridge can now be used, or if any are required any longer.

Any help would be appreciated.

bump

Take a look an the asterisk wiki. There is the most recent documentation.

I’m surprised there’s not more info on this as well. Most other IP PBXs support this feature. It seems that the Subscribe/Notify method is not supported. Until that is done, I don’t see it happening.

Asterisk does act as a server for subscribe/notify. Any dependence on meetme (and therefore dahdi) will not relate to the presence function, but probably just to three party calls.