Answer Supervision on Outbound Call

Good Day Everyone,
I am trying to determine if an outbound call is answered in a specified period of time, and if it’s not I would like to forward the call to another number. Will someone give me some pointers on how to do this? Here’s the scenario…

A customer calls in and is routed to our Genesys platform via SIP and Asterisk. They are presented with option 1 and option 2. Option 1 routes them to one of our branches via SIP through Asterisk. Option 2 takes them directly to one of our call centers. If the customer presses option 1 to go to a branch loction, I need to be able to monitor that call to ensure it is answered. If, after about 30 seconds it is not answered, I would like to redirect the call to one of our call centers. I have everything done except being able to figure out the answer supervision part. Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help.
Perry

Patient Heal Thy Self…

I figured out what I needed to do and I am a bit embarrassed because it was so easy… But none the less, here is what I added to the extensions.conf file to do this…

exten=76206,1,Dial(H323/${EXTEN}@10.11.99.14:1720,20,tr) exten=76206,2,Dial(SIP/77900)

The key was the ‘20’ at the end of the first line. This is the delay in seconds. Then the second step simply tells the call where to re-route to…

Thanks,
Perry