Analog gateway

We will be switching to Asterisk from Broadsoft. We have our IP phones working just fine, but now need to move on to our analog gateways.

We currently have a mix of Carrier Access ADIT 600 (MGCP) and ADIT 3104 (SIP). I’ve been reading about some difficulties with the 3104 and wanted to know the following:

1. Has anyone successfully provisioned either of these devices with Asterisk including fax?
  2. If not, does anyone have a recommendation for a similar product?

Thanks in advance.

I have never seen anyone talk about it on the asterisk users list (lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/). How does it connect to the PBX via SIP ? Head over to the list and ask there. Lots of more people there.

Dovid-

I think what I’m calling an analog gateway, other people might call a SIP channel bank. The devices we use (ADIT 3104 and ADIT 600) have either an ethernet or T1 port on one side and FXS ports on the other.

Bruce

If it has an ethernet port on one side and FXS’s on the other then it should work. For the one that has the T1 on one side and the FXS’s on the other it may be cheaper to get a new channel bank (depending on how many FXS’s you have). I have never used this piece of equipment so I cant say it will work for sure but it should. Throw up a basic asterisk install (you can use a junky machine for testing) and test. See what happens.

the wiki says the 600 works well with asterisk
voip-info.org/tiki-index.php … annel+Bank

couldnt find anything on on the 3104. What exactly are you trying to do analog phones to asterisk or pstn connections? Ive used the Adtran TA 750 for both and they work great. Sometimes you can get some of ebay for reasonble price.

[quote=“rusty”]the wiki says the 600 works well with asterisk
voip-info.org/tiki-index.php … annel+Bank

couldnt find anything on on the 3104. What exactly are you trying to do analog phones to asterisk or pstn connections? Ive used the Adtran TA 750 for both and they work great. Sometimes you can get some of ebay for reasonble price.[/quote]

We have several customer with key phone systems. We use the Adit 600 and Adit 3104 as a channel bank to give them multiple phone lines. The Adit can have up to 40 phone lines while the 3104 maxes out at 24. Either one connects to the internet vis ethernet or T1.

We have had poor results with the Adtran TA612. In fact I have 3 of them brand new in the box that I’d sell on the cheap if you’re interesed.