AMI Originate - Caller ID

Hi,

I have setup asterisk and created few extension on softphones.I can make outgoing calls using my voip account

now I am trying to make calls using AMI which I am successful doing but cannot change the called id when a call is created using AMI

this is the command I send

Action: Originate
Channel: SIP/trunkname/XXXXXXXXX number to dial
Context: default
Priority: 1
Callerid: “Computer Dial: Bob Smith” <321654>

I tried dialing to my mobile but I get the caller id of the voip account I have set,I cannot change the caller id

any ideas?

Is the caller ID you want to set one that belongs to the same SIP provider account? I think all PSTN providers in the UK will not allow caller ID to be overridden to something that they cannot verify belongs to the caller, unless the caller was another network operator. I would hope most SIP providers applied the same policy.

no,I was trying to override the default caller id.

Does this mean that I will not be able to use another caller id?

You need to ask your service provider. It is also possible that you have over-configured the caller ID in Asterisk.

how can I find out whether I have over configured the caller-id?

Look to see if you have specified an explicit caller ID anywhere in the configuration, and check the caller id presentation options to make sure that they don’t result in it being used for outgoing calls.