AMI Events not being sent

I am trying to debug an issue with hudlite and noticed that events do not seem to be automatically sent through an AMI connection. For instance, if I make a call, no events are shown until I send another command (even just two carriage returns).

Is this the expected behavior? The apparent result is that hud clients don’t get updated information until up to several minutes after the fact. We recently upgraded to asterisk 1.4.22 (as part of trixbox 2.6). Everything worked okay with the previous version, but I’m not sure if the troubles now come from a change to AMI or hudlite.

It’s not expected. I suspect that it thinks that you have an incomplete command being issued.

Thanks for the response. I don’t believe any of my commands are incomplete, but here are the commands I’m issuing (carriage returns indicated by “”):

[mis-tbce26 ~]# telnet localhost 5038
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
Asterisk Call Manager/1.0
Action: login<r>
Username: admin<r>
Secret: ****<r>
<r>
Response: Success

Action: Events<r>
Eventmask: On<r>
<r>

At this point I made a call and no events were sent, however after entering any command (even a malformed one) I get a stream of events related to anything done since the last command.

could be a TCP buffer issue. Perhaps the telnet app isn’t flushing it’s buffer until you send.