Alright, I'm sick of these GXP-2000, what else is there?

Wow, that’s interesting. I can’t wait to get my hands on that 1.3 firmware. Sounds like Sayson is coming out with a different 1.3 version or feature reduces or??

Kinda strange Sayson would say that seeing as how Aastra has been releasing unmodified Sayson firmware as far as I know. Maybe they are doing independent stuff now.

It could be that they are adding features to give the user an added incentive to buy their branded phone instead of a generic one.

Well Guys …

The AASTRA 9133 does come with multiple acounts… I have seen the unreleased firmware… seen the telephones… and they arent to bad … No need for POE… it has its own power adapter…

You have multiple line keys … multiple registrations … but… the only catch for waht i saw … is the sip registration servers have to be on the same subnet…

Apart from that it is aok…

Note I did see a version that hadnt been released and was only purely for demonstration only purposes…

Kevin

WOW!
Glad I found this post I was just about to buy four of these for a small project.
So what in the sub $100 range will just “get the job done” without causing too many problems (it’s work I’m doing for a non-profit so price is a big deal for them)

[quote=“iris7”]WOW!
Glad I found this post I was just about to buy four of these for a small project.
So what in the sub $100 range will just “get the job done” without causing too many problems (it’s work I’m doing for a non-profit so price is a big deal for them)[/quote]

I would say some Analog phones plus FXS adapters.

[quote=“litkaj”]As the title says, I’m sick and tired of the GrandStream GXP-2000. The sound quality sucks and my 4th phone (not my office’s 4th phone, MY 4th phone) just crapped out. I no longer can use the handset as I get almost no volume coming through (although the person on the other end can hear me just fine). It was working perfectly until about 30 minutes ago and then it just got VERY quiet.
[/quote]
That is ‘not’ completely dead…
If your volume is low, that’s probably after a boot, and you’re using firmware 1.0.1.12.

If this occurs; press the ‘SPEAKER’ button, so your speaker goes on. Press speaker again, and look. The problem should be gone. Yes, this is a firmware problem, I’ve got the same issue. There’s a firmware update that should handle this, we’re waiting for it.

Cheers.

I know about the volume issues under 12. I’ve posted that solution around these, and other forums, any time someone complains about the volume.

This wasn’t one of the ones I was counting as “dead”, it’s one of the half-dozen flakey ones (which is now up to 7, one more stopped working 100% yesterday and now randomly gets loud and then quiet in the middle of a call). These things are completely worthless unless I want to mount them to the celing and use them as intercom loudspeakers.

[quote=“litkaj”]I know about the volume issues under 12. I’ve posted that solution around these, and other forums, any time someone complains about the volume.

This wasn’t one of the ones I was counting as “dead”, it’s one of the half-dozen flakey ones (which is now up to 7, one more stopped working 100% yesterday and now randomly gets loud and then quiet in the middle of a call). These things are completely worthless unless I want to mount them to the celing and use them as intercom loudspeakers.[/quote]

Well, the speaker in them is very crappy at any useful volume so I think that DOES bump them up to the completely worthless category. At least as a phone. I use mine to as a test phone to assign as an extension, ring it and maybe other odds and ends. Can’t use it as a real phone because it is NOT! Firmware can’t fix the cheap parts in it.

[quote=“mustardman”][quote=“litkaj”]I know about the volume issues under 12. I’ve posted that solution around these, and other forums, any time someone complains about the volume.

This wasn’t one of the ones I was counting as “dead”, it’s one of the half-dozen flakey ones (which is now up to 7, one more stopped working 100% yesterday and now randomly gets loud and then quiet in the middle of a call). These things are completely worthless unless I want to mount them to the celing and use them as intercom loudspeakers.[/quote]

Well, the speaker in them is very crappy at any useful volume so I think that DOES bump them up to the completely worthless category. At least as a phone. I use mine to as a test phone to assign as an extension, ring it and maybe other odds and ends. Can’t use it as a real phone because it is NOT! Firmware can’t fix the cheap parts in it.[/quote]

That last part is exactly true. Even if a future firmware release fixes the audio glitches and makes it have the functionality that the data sheet claims it has, it’s still cheap hardware that has a nasty chance of failing on you in the middle of a call.