All outbound calls drop after softphone timeout

Hi there.
I have a very strange situation. All calls from all softphones (X-lite, Ekiga, Phoner…etc) are dropped after some time (30-60 seconds depends of client). Asterisk server and peers are inside local network, there are no nat or firewall running. Only network bridge on Asterisk server, I guess maybe this is the reason.
Also I have goip gateway, and all calls from gateway are not dropped.
I’m running Debian 7 x64 and Asterisk Asterisk 1.8.13.1.
From Asterisk CLI:

== Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5 -- Executing [30@noob:1] Dial("SIP/31-00000010", "Sip/30") in new stack == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5 -- Called Sip/30 -- SIP/30-00000011 is ringing -- SIP/30-00000011 answered SIP/31-00000010 -- Remotely bridging SIP/31-00000010 and SIP/30-00000011 [Oct 14 09:59:58] WARNING[3781]: chan_sip.c:20457 handle_response_invite: just did sched_add waitid(203) for sip_reinvite_retry for dialog db56b088-1b0b-1910-8326-5254001e8f64@cia-93bcdf9813c in handle_response_invite [Oct 14 10:00:31] WARNING[3781]: chan_sip.c:3656 retrans_pkt: Retransmission timeout reached on transmission db56b088-1b0b-1910-8326-5254001e8f64@cia-93bcdf9813c for seqno 103 (Critical Request) -- See https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/SIP+Retransmissions Packet timed out after 32001ms with no response [Oct 14 10:00:31] WARNING[3781]: chan_sip.c:3685 retrans_pkt: Hanging up call db56b088-1b0b-1910-8326-5254001e8f64@cia-93bcdf9813c - no reply to our critical packet (see https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/SIP+Retransmissions). == Spawn extension (noob, 30, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/31-00000010'

sip.conf:

[code][general]

context=noob

noob-phones
type=friend
host=dynamic

secret=secret

secret=secret[/code]
extensions.conf:

[code][general]

[globals]

[noob]

exten => _3X,1,Dial(Sip/${EXTEN})
exten => _3X,n,Congestion(2)
exten => _3X,n,Hangup()[/code]

Thanks.

Some versions of X-Lite have broken support for re-invites (they ignore them, rather than accepting or rejecting them). That would tend to produce a drop out at that sort of time if you had directmedia (previously canreinvite) or, on COLP capable versions, sendrpid, enabled.

Subject to confirmation from a full SIP log, it does look like it is a failure to respond to a re-invite that is causing the problem.

As David said

RE-INVITE can involve changing addresses or ports, adding a media stream, deleting a media stream, and so on. This is accomplished by sending a new INVITE request within the same dialog that established the session. An INVITE request sent within an existing dialog is known as a re-INVITE.

you might try different softphones, like ZOIPER, Check the directmedia option and a full SIP debug OUTPUT.

[quote=“david55”]Some versions of X-Lite have broken support for re-invites (they ignore them, rather than accepting or rejecting them). That would tend to produce a drop out at that sort of time if you had directmedia (previously canreinvite) or, on COLP capable versions, sendrpid, enabled.

Subject to confirmation from a full SIP log, it does look like it is a failure to respond to a re-invite that is causing the problem.[/quote]
Sorry, I’ve forgot to say, that warnings about reinvite are showing when using Ekiga only ( 3 and 4 versions), X-lite and other clients just hangup calls after some time (up to 60 seconds) and there are no warnings or errors in Asterisk CLI.

Also I have another Asterisk server (but on x32 Debian and without network bridge), and all in-out calls are works perfectly. I’m really confused about this situation.

[quote=“ambiorixg12”]As David said

RE-INVITE can involve changing addresses or ports, adding a media stream, deleting a media stream, and so on. This is accomplished by sending a new INVITE request within the same dialog that established the session. An INVITE request sent within an existing dialog is known as a re-INVITE.

you might try different softphones, like ZOIPER, Check the directmedia option and a full SIP debug OUTPUT.[/quote]
Could you tell me, what to look for when sip debug is on, there are a lot of info?

Well an Update in the Asterisk version could help, if not you will have to make a full SIP debug for trace your issue.

Most problems can be diagnosed by finding the INVITE requests, corresponding responses, and ACKs, and by looking at the SDP payloads associated with them. Unfortunately there is a lot of information to trawl through.

Generally you are going see explicit rejections, repeated retransmissions, indicating that a request or response has got lost, addresses in either the SIP or SDP that are not valid to the recipient (NAT problems), and incompatible codec or encryption choices.

For a delayed failure, it is going to either show up as a retransmission, or to rejection of something like a session timer update.

I will try with 11 LTS tomorrow.

Nice try with 11 LTS and let us know about the result please

The problem was in softphones (I’ve tried 3cxphone, PortGo and microSIP - all works fine): ekiga end eyebeam wont work property for some reason.