AGI Database dialer script

Hey all. Firstly, i’m new here but I’ve been using Asterisk since way back.

I’m just wondering if anyone would be interested in getting the source to an AGI script that I’ve written for database dialing rules. I’ve been out of the loop so I don’t know if there’s a better way of dynamically dialing extensions yet. If there’s a use for it I’d like to get some feedback on where to go next with it’s development. I have it running in our office here and it hasn’t missed a beat in the last 5 months since it was installed.

Some features are:
-Dynamic dialing rules from a PostgreSQL database
-Time of day routing
-Context routing
-Built in functions such as switch context, redirection, application execution, set priority.
-System variable substitution
-Group dialing
-Extension Busy/NoAns rollover

and a few more…

It’s written in Perl and for how I have it set up at the moment it’s completely stable. I’ve been meaning to write a nice web-based front-end for it but if people like it, maybe someone would like to take a crack at that themselves.

Anywayz, just seeing if there is any interest in this before I take the time to package it up with some documentation and make it available.

EDIT: You can grab version 1.0 here funkynerd.com/downloads/db_dial.tgz

sure, i’d be interested in having a peek.

what kind of performance hit are you taking doing everything from an AGI over the dialplan ?

So essentially, you are able to define extensions and calling rules on the fly?

Wicked cool.

[quote=“yonah”]So essentially, you are able to define extensions and calling rules on the fly?

Wicked cool.[/quote]

Correct. :smile: Yeah, it is pretty cool. I got sick of ssh’ing into the server everytime we have a new employee start or one leave.

As for performance… in our office of 25 people who are pretty much on the phone all the time (accounting firm) no one noticed when i swicthed to the AGI script except when i stuffed up some of the code. :blush: But yeah, i can’t really see any performance decrease at all even when the db server has a bit of load on it.

The Asterisk Realtime Architecture (ATA) is driven towards doing database driven dialplans:

voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … Extensions

[quote=“MuppetMaster”]The Asterisk Realtime Architecture (ATA) is driven towards doing database driven dialplans:

voip-info.org/wiki/view/Aste … Extensions[/quote]

Oooerr… Nice… :smile:

Packaged up and posted here: funkynerd.com/downloads/db_dial.tgz

I’ve written a quick INSTALL.txt and dumped in the archive along with an SQL file to help create the required tables. Any problems feel free to contact me on the email address in the install docs.

Enjoy. :smile: