Add RTSP stream in SIP call

Hi,

I have a doorbell, but i only have video after i pickup…, probably the video is not in the header…
is it possible to manually add the RTSP stream? how can i do that?

thnx in advance

Asterisk does early media, which boils down to call the Progress() application. In practice you need to check that the RTP stream starts after 183 and that depends on the doorbell as well.

my guess is that the doorbell is not sending the stream when using SIP
if i use a client to call another cient (not dootbell) then video works

is there a way to modify the header and include the rtsp string manually?

This isn’t RTP. It is RTSP which does its session setup within the protocol. I have never heard of RTSP support in Asterisk, and the video source isn’t the doorbell, so you’d need a conference bridge, at least.

This question was also appended onto an ancient thread on the FreePBX forum, where I think the OP provided more detail.

it must be somehow possible to include an RTSP stream, or at least a still-image url, if there is no such info present in the sip header

If you can construct a URL that the phone will interpret suitably, see:

https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Application_SendURL

However you won’t be able to create the target of the URL within Asterisk, you will need to shell out to your own code to do that, and will need to address the RTSP community for help on that.

To use SendURL on the called number, after it has answered, you can use the U option on Dial.

i have found this :

[from-internal-custom]
include => from-internal
exten => 2007/2008,1,Log(NOTICE,GDS3710 is calling to extension ${EXTEN})
same => n,GoSub(func-set-sipheader,s,1(Call-Info,<IP_of_GDS3710:443/capture/8001> ;purpose=GDS-view))

should that do the trick?
he is using a still image url, thats already something, i can use it too, if rtsp doesnt work…
i’m not familiar with the code
is the 2007 extension the doorphone, and 2008 the receiver?
or are 2007 and 2008 both receivers?

You’re right. I didn’t see the S, but RTSP happens automatically.

This will only work on FreePBX and only definitely work for the devices specified.

Ah, why is that? Why only on freepbx and those devices?

Only FreePBX because the dialplan function is part of FreePBX.

The specific devices because it is using device dependent features. Other devices may have the same features, but without a detailed examination of the documentation, I couldn’t say whether or not it would work with any particular device.

Ah ok, thnx, for your help!

Hey @david551
can you help me?
i have setup a freepbx, for test created 2 extensions, no diaplaln

i added that code above, enabled early media, but i dont see any video before accepting the call
Is that code spefic for a dialpan? how can i just enable between 2 extensions?

tnx in advance

[from-internal-custom]
include => from-internal
exten => 2007/2008,1,Log(NOTICE,GDS3710 is calling to extension ${EXTEN})
same => n,GoSub(func-set-sipheader,s,1(Call-Info,<IP_of_GDS3710:443/capture/8001> ;purpose=GDS-view))

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.