A@H Weather *61

Is it possible to change *61 in A@H so you hear your own local weather instead of New York?

yes, it’s very possible.

open the weather.agi file, in /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin

you’ll notice at the top:

my $server = "weather.noaa.gov"; my $basepath = "data/forecasts"; my $custpath = "city/ny"; my $filename = "newyork.txt";

just change $custpath, and $filename to the corresponding state and
city of your choice. you’ll have to make an anonymous ftp connection
to weather.noaa.gov and list the /data/forecasts directory and /data/forecasts/city/STATE to see what filename to grab.

also, change this to make sure the text2speech reads the correct city:

$AGI->exec('......"The latest weather forecast for XXXXX...... \"");

Don’t remember where I found this, but this extension gets one of NOAA’s mp3 files and plays it for the caller. *62 (changed the wake up ext) gives me an mp3 of the surf report from NOAA

exten => *61,1,Answer
exten => *61,2,Playback(latest-forecast)
exten => *61,3,System(/usr/bin/curl -s wrh.noaa.gov/lox/local/audio/LAXCAZ045.mp3 > /tmp/LAXCAZ045.mp3)
exten => *61,4,Wait(1)
exten => *61,5,MP3Player(/tmp/LAXCAZ045.mp3)
exten => *61,6,System(rm /tmp/LAXCAZ045.mp3 -f)
exten => *61,7,Hangup

How can we take the weather from a podcast.

phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt … 2&s=143441 is a podcast for local atlanta weather.

this is a mp3 file.

anyone know where to find Seattle, WA weather forecast audio clips? I’d like to replace the Festival forecast with something that sounds better and don’t want to purchase a better text2speech engine to accomplish it. I’ve searched and haven’t come across any sites though and didn’t see anything at noaa?

p

NOAA only has some weather mp3 file

nws.noaa.gov/nwr/streamaudio.htm

I’m still looking for local Atlanta weather audio.