7960 won't ring but X-ten will

I am using Asterisk@Home and have a Cisco 7960 with SIP 7.4. I can place outbound calls on my FXO card but cannot get the 7960 to ring or answer on inbound calls from the PSTN or from other extensions. I did set up X-Ten on my computer and can I receive inbound calls from the PSTN and other extensions. Anybody have any suggestion on what programming error I have made on the 7960?

Thanks

C

Is your 7960 set to REGISTER with Asterisk? Check you conf files to make sure the phone IS registering.

In SIPDefault.cnf

Proxy Registration (0-disable (default), 1-enable)

proxy_register: “1”

I assume that my 7960 phone is registering because of what the Sipdefault.cnf said below.

Proxy Registration (0-disable (default), 1-enable) proxy_register: “1”

The soft phone X-Ten is set up to asterisk and it can place and receive calls, any other thoughts??

Thanks for you help!!!

CM

what do you see when you type “sip show peers” at the CLI? Do you see your Cisco with an IP address?

This is what I get, 200 is my 7960 and 201 is the X-ten softphone??

=========================================================================
Connected to Asterisk 1.2.3 currently running on asterisk1 (pid = 3520)
Verbosity is at least 3
asterisk1CLI> SIP SHOW PEERS
Name/username Host Dyn Nat ACL Port Status
201/201 192.168.1.106 D 5060 Unmonitored
200/200 (Unspecified) D 0 Unmonitored
2 sip peers [2 online , 0 offline]
asterisk1
CLI>

I did find this information under my sip_additional.conf
Could it be something just a simple as my username and password not correct in my phone? Although when I do place outbound calls it does show the call coming from extension 200, here is an example:

1.  2006-03-10 09:03:11  	SIP/200-56...  	XXXXXXX  	XXXXXXX  	XXXXXXX  	ANSWERED  	01:36

[200]
username=200
type=friend
secret=123
record_out=Adhoc
record_in=Adhoc
qualify=no
port=5060
nat=never
mailbox=200@device
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=rfc2833
context=from-internal
canreinvite=no
callerid=device <200>

it appears that your 7960 is not registered. the CLI output reflects that Asterisk does not know where the phone is, therefore it can’t send it calls. go through your set-up again. watch the CLI output while making and receiving calls, that will give clues. turn up CLI verbosity. reboot the phone. reload the configs.

this should work you’re real close…

Sorry for all the questions, when you say redo the configs what exact files are you speaking of? If not files then what “AMP” setting should I redo.

Thanks

CM

i just mean check all of your configuration settings again carefully. did you look at the CLI output while rebooting the phone? the phone is not registering with Asterisk and you need to figure out why. you need to see if Asterisk is receiving a register attempt from the phone.

i just mean check all of your configuration settings again carefully. did you look at the CLI output while rebooting the phone? the phone is not registering with Asterisk and you need to figure out why. you need to see if Asterisk is receiving a register attempt from the phone.

I got the phone to ring, I had to change this option in the 7960: I went to “settings” then to “SIP Configuration” then changed the Register with Proxy from “no” to “yes”

Thanks for your help

CM