603 declined on all calls

Hi Guys & Dolls,
I installed asterisk 16.10 with freepbx 15.0.16.49 on Ubuntu 20.04 as per this guide: https://computingforgeeks.com/how-to-install-asterisk-16-with-freepbx-15-on-ubuntu-debian/.
I connected 2 phones (1soft, 1 SNOM), but I can’t seem to pass a call from one to the other.
I tried the speaking clock (*60), but that isn’t working either.
I immediately get 603 declined on both phones.
The only message I see in CLI is:

[2020-05-14 09:56:18] WARNING[381274][C-0000000f]: pbx.c:2927 pbx_extension_helper: No application 'Macro' for extension (from-internal, *60, 4)
[2020-05-14 09:56:18] WARNING[381274][C-0000000f]: pbx.c:2927 pbx_extension_helper: No application 'Macro' for extension (from-internal, h, 1)

I found several somewhat related topics in this forum, but they are all very old and not really helpful.
I am relatively new at asterisk, so I’m lost for now.

Could someone give me some tips on where to look or what to do?
Thanks,
Frank.

The Macro application is not enabled by default. You have to go into “make menuselect” and select it under Applications for it to be built. This was done when Asterisk 16 itself was released.

To add to that, FreePBX hasn’t been rewritten to avoid some features of Asterisk that have been deprecated for the best part of a decade.

Well, I’m a dork…
I read that in an older topic and checked it… only to find no app_macro…
Turns out you can scroll the list… feel stupid now…
So I guess I need to rebuild asterisk, that’s gonna take a while…
Thanks @jcolp,
Frank.

Rebuilding was fast, and… it is working now!

Thanks again,
Frank.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.