1.6.0.9 + Fedora 10: extensions.conf does not load

I just installed Asterisk 1.6.0.9 on a Fedora 10 virtual machine. I tried two different installations, both installing from source and an attempt at installing straight from the Fedora repositories. BOTH installs come up with the same problem - they don’t load /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf. The sip.conf, voicemail.conf, users.conf, and other config files all load just fine, but when I do “dialplan show” or reload, it only shows me contexts from extensions.ael, parkedcalls, etc. Nothing from my extensions.conf.

As a test I connected up a SIP phone with no problems, attempted to make a call, which failed because of no extensions being defined.

Note - I’m migrating my configuration files (specifically extensions.conf, sip.conf, voicemail.conf, users.conf) from a working installation on a server that is being phased out, so I know that my configuration and extensions are valid coming from a working production environment.

All of the .conf files have the appropriate and same read permissions and user/group ownership.

Any thoughts??

~Sators

Make some simple extensions.conf like:

[general]
[outgoing]
exten => _X.,1,NoOp(blabla)
exten => _X.,2,Hangup()

Start asterisk from the command line:

asterisk -gcvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

and scroll to see the verbose.