1.4.18.1 - Multiple 'extensions' on one device

I cannot register more then one line on one phone, when I do I get a digest error… Connection from x digest has y.

I have googled the issue and the only option I find is to place the extensions in the sip.conf file rather then users.conf, but then none of my extension to extension calling works for some reason?!

I was poking around and somehow calls are making it extension to extension but I dont have a pattern _NXXX (4 digit extens) in my dial plan anymore :S…

Jason

I am not sure what exactly you want to achieve.
I suppose you want 2 (or more) lines to call same Phone?
Then you can register them, then when you get a call - go to something in your extensions.conf:
[default]
exten => _X.,1,Answer
exten => _X.,2,wait(1)
exten => _X.,3,AGI(switch.agi,${EXTEN})

And in switch.agi, you can dial same phone independent of EXTEN or more - dial number dependent of EXTEN, or dial many numbers…
Dial string will be something like:
Dial(SIP/11111&SIP/11112&SIP/11115&SIP/11116,30,gwW)
Of course same could be done from dial plan directly, like
exten => _X.,1,Answer
exten => _X.,2,wait(1)
exten => _X.,3,Dial(SIP/11111&SIP/11112&SIP/11115&SIP/11116,30,gwW)
exten => _X.,4,Hangup
This way any call to system will be sent to users 11111,111112 …
Instead of _X., you can put matching numbers…

Thanks for the quick reply. What I actually want / need to achieve is for the purpose of running multiple businesses from a single set. Line 1 - CO A; line 2 - CO B; line 3 - CO C; etc… so if someone calls B line two appears to ring (or exten 1002), if the agent needs to call from CO A, the select line one which uses CID parameters from exten 1001 etc.

Im sure there is a better way of doing this? Any help is appreciated!!