Zap Channel Issue

Yep another one, it does not seem to end :cry: sometimes i just feel like crawling back into the fetal position and hiding away from the world.

Ok here is the error message i am getting:

Mar 5 16:48:18 NOTICE[20589]: channel.c:2490 __ast_request_and_dial: Unable to request channel Zap/124-1/XXXXXXXX (Being My number)

Let me explain how it happens:

After a while i start loosing access to specific channels, since i use the G1 command all calls start at channel 124-Span-4. So i did Pri Intense Debugging to try and capture any information that may lead to this issue.

How i did it (Just so you understand the process):

We use AMI through our AGI scripts, so i logged in via Telnet and issued the command;

Action: Originate
Channel: Zap/124-1/XXXXXXXXX (Being my number)
Context: sip2
Exten: 60
Priority: 1

In the Telnet session i just get Originate Error, but on the CLI i get the above error.

This much i can tell you, there is no active call on that channel, after its previous call it appears to have been put into some sort of Reserved state or placed in limbo of some kind.

Here is the crazy ass thing, I don’t get this problem when i switch the E-1’s onto the Digium card (A whole host of other problems happen that are non related), but as soon as i switch everything over to the Sangoma card, this is the only problem that happens, so i don’t think this can be an Asterisk problem, or could it?

Anyway any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

David.

Bump…

Anyway one offer up any suggestions?

Cheers,

David.

have you had any contact with the guys at sangoma tech support about this ?

Yeah i have thanx Bacon (Sorry for shorting the name).

They are being very helpful, however the problem does not seem to be directly related to the card, it does however seem indirectly related (If that makes sense). It appears as though Asterisk is the one blocking out the channels not the card or the drivers, just wasn’t sure if anyone has heard of this problem before.

Cheers,

David.

Telefone, have you aver been able to fix this issue? I’m also having the same problem and am using quad span PRI cards from Samgoma.

Nic.

Telefone, have you aver been able to fix this issue? I’m also having the same problem and am using quad span PRI cards from Sangoma.

Nic.