Which ISDN BRI card to buy?

Which ISDN BRI cards do you use with Asterisk? On this page
voiptalk.org/products/Eicon+ … M+PCI+Card
I have found one card but it seams to expensive for me (359Ł). Can you sugest any other ISDN BRI card that will work with Asterisk?

Thank you!

Tomislav

Hi! I have the same your problem. I also see that card and I also think that is too expensive to me. I have read that this card is fully compatible whit asterisk:

atlantisland.it/scheda_prodo … nguage=ing

But I don’t know if it is what I search…

The other cards are all quite expensive:

voipon.co.uk/index.php?categ … e&cPath=23

The Eicon Diva range may be more expensive, but they’re active cards and have hardware-based echo cancellation. I recently replaced the passive AVM!Fritz ISDN BRI card with an Eicon Diva V-4BRI and the quality is much greater (and its a lot simpler to install and configure, at least on RHEL4).

I know that the eicon are very good, but I need to to my fisrts experiment with asterisk and I can’t spend all that money.

I think that cards with chip HFC-S are the lee expensive and should are fully compatible with asterisk.

[quote=“tommasofin”]Hi! I have the same your problem. I also see that card and I also think that is too expensive to me. I have read that this card is fully compatible whit asterisk:

But I don’t know if it is what I search…[/quote]

As far as I could see, this is ISDN modem and it can’t work with asterisk.

[quote=“tommasofin”]I know that the eicon are very good, but I need to to my fisrts experiment with asterisk and I can’t spend all that money.

I think that cards with chip HFC-S are the lee expensive and should are fully compatible with asterisk.[/quote]

I have bouth Sirrix PCI4S0 ISDN BRI card with 4 ports. It has cost me 500€. It is hard to insall it, but as far as I could see it’s cheapper than other cards.

I am using HFC-S based cards (2 channels) which are available here for 30 EUR. They work well for small installations.

Only 30€? Where did you bouth them? Do they have 1 port and 4 port models? Please send me link of your seller.

[quote=“parcina”][quote=“tommasofin”]Hi! I have the same your problem. I also see that card and I also think that is too expensive to me. I have read that this card is fully compatible whit asterisk:

But I don’t know if it is what I search…[/quote]

As far as I could see, this is ISDN modem and it can’t work with asterisk.[/quote]

It can also be used as BRI card. It have the chip HFC-S and it’s price is €38,00 in this italian site:

voipshop.it/shop/product_inf … ucts_id=35

I have experience with the fritz and the hfc based cards (such as the junhanns and the beronet cards - those are a lot more expensive than the fritz cards).

I didnt not encounter any problems, besides the usual compilation problems :smile: - But no quality problems.

On : asteriskguru.com/tutorials/bri.html you will find a bigger list with cards:

[quote]Currently digium (the main asterisk sponsor) does not make any BRI cards, vendors known to have compatible cards are:

• junghanns:

• quadBRI : HFC based 4 port BRI card

• octoBRI : HFC based 8 port BRI card

• AVM:

• fritz! pci (passive single BRI board)

• b1 PCI : 1 port active BRI card, known to work with chan_capi and chan_misdn, be sure to update the firmware here

• c2 : 2 port active BRI card, known to work with chan_capi

• c4 : 4 port active BRI card, known to work with chan_capi

• beronet:

• BN4S0 : HFC based 4 port BRI card, known to work with chan_misdn

• BN8S0 : HFC based 8 port BRI card, known to work with chan_misdn

• sirrix:

• PCI4S0: 4 port BRI card

• eicon:

• diva server BRI: active 1 port BRI card, requires kernel module: divadidd, known to work with chan_capi

• other eikon cards might or might not work, please let us know if you know. [/quote]

i had encountered many problems and bugs with the bristuff and misdn drivers. the most stable drivers for hfc based cards are the bristuff ones. but all bristuff versions 0.2.0 have a critical bug which crashes all the isdn lines after a few days and 0.3.0 is the development version with many bugs.

Greetings, Oliver

I’m also using bristuff drivers (on several servers), and I did not have the problems you mention with 0.2.0, so I don’t think it’s fair to say it’s caused by the bristuff drivers.

The bristuff 0.3.0 driver is a dev version, wich does have some bugs, but it does allow you to use asterisk 1.2.4 and the newer zaptel driver.

cheers