Want to using Answering Machine Detection in DAHDI Trunk

Hello Fellas!
I’m new here and newbie a lot in asterisk (hahaha).
I buy a board (Wildcard TDM410P) and both incoming and outgoing calls working like a charm, but for my studies i want to use AMD but i cannot find the correct place to put it in dialplan.

That’s the log when i call from my softphone to my cellphone using my DAHDI trunk:

-- Executing [MY-CELLPHONE-NUMBER@from-internal:1] Macro("SIP/1001-00000015", "user-callerid,LIMIT,EXTERNAL,") in new stack
[removed to clear the log]
    -- Executing [s@macro-dialout-trunk:22] Dial("SIP/1001-00000015", "DAHDI/g0/MY-CELLPHONE-NUMBER,300,gM(dialout-custom)") in new stack
    -- Called DAHDI/g0/MY-CELLPHONE-NUMBER
    **-- DAHDI/1-1 answered SIP/1001-00000015**
    -- **Executing [s@macro-dialout-custom:1] NoOp("DAHDI/1-1", "dialout-custom") in new stack**
[at this point i Hungup]
    -- Hanging up on 'DAHDI/1-1'
    -- Hungup 'DAHDI/1-1'
  == Spawn extension (macro-dialout-trunk, s, 22) exited non-zero on 'SIP/1001-00000015' in macro 'dialout-trunk'
  == Spawn extension (from-internal, MY-CELLPHONE-NUMBER, 5) exited non-zero on 'SIP/1001-00000015'
    -- Executing [h@from-internal:1] Hangup("SIP/1001-00000015", "") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (from-internal, h, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/1001-00000015'

The text inside ** indicates when DAHDI externs my call i can print some debug, but at this point, my cellphone not ring yet.

1. How i can configure an Outgoing Dialplan to my DAHDI?
  2. If not possible, how can i detect when other side (in this case my cellphone) answer thye call?

Thanks in advance.

AMD would be done in a Dial application subroutine, see the Dial options.

Macros are deprecated.

To best answer answer supervision, use ISDN or ISDN via SIP, not analogue. However Asterisk/DAHDI do support answer supervision by line reversal. This is not enabled be default, because, if the network doesn’t provide it, the call will never be considered answered.

Thanks fo the answer.
Can you help me with more info? It’s possible to use my board as ISDN instead of DAHDI?
If yes, how i can do it?
About Subroutine, ok, i try that, but my problem is not about how execute AMD, but when.

Thanks again.

ISDN and DAHDI are not mutually exclusive. You cannot use your board for ISDN, and you need a different sort of telephone connection, for ISDN.

You execute it in the subroutine run on the answered channel by Dial.

Also, the official policy of the forum is that you should get support for telephony cards from the vendor, but I think that even if you have a genuine Digium product, it is no longer supported.

No, is a clone one.
Thanks for your answers my friend, i’ll try your tips.