Waitexten application issue

hi all , the following is a fragment of my extension.conf

exten => 2000,1,answer
exten=> 2000,2,playback(welcome)
exten=> 2000,3,waitexten(20|m)

exten => _3XXX,1,dial(IAX2/{EXTEN},90)

when i dial 2000 i can hear the music, but when dial another extension such as 3555, it always fail . from CLI it seems try to dial 555 while not 3555.

what’s wrong ? thanks in advance.

I believe the _ in front of the 3XXX tells asterisk to ignore the first number dialed, i.e. _91NXX would tell asterisk to ignore the 9, in your case _3XXX tells the system to ignore the 3.

This is not true, the _ mean that the extesion number (dialed) will be stored in the EXTEN variable.

Try something use
exten => _3XXX,1,NoOp(${EXTEN})

This function does nothing at all exept to return the value of a viaraible in the CLI.

You should also post your CLI logs with set verbose = 3 if you need more help

This is not true, the _ mean that the extesion number (dialed) will be stored in the EXTEN variable.

Try something use
exten => _3XXX,1,NoOp(${EXTEN})

This function does nothing at all exept to return the value of a viaraible in the CLI.

You should also post your CLI logs with set verbose = 3 if you need more help[/quote]

Thanks for clearing that up.

I apologize for the false information. I am still a newb, thought I knew that one.

Dimitripietro and proberts0812 ,it works fine when these configured in extension.conf file but when execute in agi, i have test many times ,it will always drop the first digit. what 's wrong?

may i suggest using background() instead of playback()? Background will let someone start entering digits before the sound file is done playing…